RN, Registered Nurse- Clinical Documentation Specialist- PRN
CHRISTUS St Michael
CHRISTUS St Michael Health System
2600 St Michael Drive
Texarkana, TX 75503
Share This Job On
Apply Now RN, Registered Nurse- Clinical Documentation Specialist- PRN Job in Texarkana
The clinical documentation specialist collaborates extensively with physicians, nursing staff, other patient caregivers and coding staff to improve the quality and completeness of documentation of care provided and coded for coordination, abstraction, and submission of accurate data required by CMS. Facilitates concurrent modifications to clinical documentation to insure commensurate reimbursement of clinical severity and services rendered to patients with a DRG based payer (Medicare, Medicaid). Supports timely, accurate and complete documentation of clinical information used for measuring and reporting physician and facility outcomes. Communicates with and educates all clinical staff concerning accurate and effective clinical documentation.
- ·RN; BSN preferred
- ·Basic computer skills in word processing and spreadsheet utilization.
- ·Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- ·Proficient in computer use (desktop and/or laptop).
- ·Demonstrates basic knowledge regarding HIM coding standards.
- ·Analytic skills necessary to accurately assess patient medical records.
- ·Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work on a team in order to influence physician documentation processes.
- ·Ability to walk and stand 80% of work time.
- ·Ability to be flexible and adjust to workload/assignment changes and interruptions. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Minimum of 5 years recent experience in an acute care setting in a clinical nursing field required.
- Prior experience in clinical documentation improvement, utilization review/management, discharge planning, quality management, case management or coding preferred.
- Work Type:
Per Diem As Needed