+ Program Director of Ethics
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
SRHC Shared Services-30600
100 NE Loop 410
San Antonio, TX 78216
Share This Job On
Apply Now + Program Director of Ethics Job in San Antonio
The Director of Ethics is responsible for the overall planning, design, development, implementation, operation, and evaluation of ethics consultation, education, and integration throughout CHRISTUS Santa Rosa, including The Children's Hospital of San Antonio. This role is carried out under the direction of the regional Vice President Mission Integration and in close collaboration with the CHRISTUS Health System Director of Ethics and the CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Regional Organizational Ethics Committee. The Director is grounded in the teachings of the Catholic Church, the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services (ERDs), and the Mission and Core Values of CHRISTUS Health. The Director works to ensure an increasingly effective moral community throughout CHRISTUS Santa Rosa characterized by sound ethical decision-making policies and processes, effective and consistent ethics education, and the overall integration of ethical decision making throughout the ministry. Using operational expertise in clinical ethics consultation skills, the Director supports the Ethics Consult Teams in their work to respond to clinical ethics consults, and supports the Organizational Ethics Committee in its work of integrating ethics into regional processes, policies, and resources for ethics.
- Master's degree or above in Catholic Healthcare Ethics, bioethics, moral theology, philosophy, law, medicine, or similar field required.
- A fellowship in clinical ethics is highly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to work as a team member; poise and clarity in group presentations required.
- Understands clinical ethics and is comfortable in a clinical setting, interfacing with clinicians.
- Understanding of the Catholic Church, its teachings, and the ERDs required.
- Minimum five years healthcare experience, preferably in Catholic healthcare.
- Understands and is committed to Catholic healthcare.
- Proven experience in planning, management, and implementation skills.
- A practicing Catholic with experience in Catholic healthcare is preferred, but not required.