Manager Clinical Informatics
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances
CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital Tyler
800 East Dawson Street
Tyler, TX 75701
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Manager Clinical Informatics Job in Tyler
With the support of the Senior Director Health Informatics, engages with all levels of leaders across the continuum of care, in his/her assigned area of responsibility, to facilitate planning, coordination, and implementation of patient-centric clinical information systems initiatives. Serves as a strong advocate for clinical informatics professional practices to ensure clinical technology optimization is in alignment with CHRISTUS mission, core values, strategy, and goals. The Manager Health Informatics is responsible for the day to day operations of his/her assigned Health Informatics team. Responsibilities will include training, mentoring and coaching assigned informatics associates on their daily activities. Manage and oversee team activities including appropriate resourcing of staff, staff assignments, and timely delivery of services. Ensures direct reports efficiently and effectively meet service, delivery, and quality metrics. Assists the Senior Director Health Informatics with recruitment, and development of a skilled, experienced and motivated team. This position is exempt.
- Applies clinical informatics professional practice standards in service delivery activities, to include but not limited to, opportunity discovery, decision-making, solution design, implementation, support, and education delivery.
- Champions evidenced-based practice, and drives for excellence in content development through pro-active engagement in the Health Informatics governance process, and related committee/workgroup activities.
- Monitors, manages, and reports day-to-day operations to the Senior Director Health Informatics to support efficient and effective planning for resource utilization and prioritization of the body of work for which Health Informatics is accountable and responsible.
- May be called upon to assume task completion responsibilities as required by service demands.
- Provides timely and effective oral and written communication to all served by Health Informatics.
- Provides input to the Senior Director Health Informatics on organizational needs/concerns, process improvement, and team professional development.
- Proactively engages with CHRISTUS business units, at all appropriate levels, to support the development and accomplishment of CHRISTUS strategies and clinical professional/quality goals and objectives.
- Assist Senior Director Health Informatics with associate evaluation process.
- Promotes the professional development of all Health Informatics associates using counseling, teaching, and role modeling techniques.
- Provides associate advice with interpreting and/or executing departmental and organizational standards, policies, and procedures to facilitate the goals and objectives of the organization.
- May be required to travel to perform duties.
- May be required to work outside of normal working hours. May be required to work long hours during critical problems or implementations
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in clinical/direct patient care delivery field
- Requires professional certifications in informatics PLUS patient safety or performance improvement. If do not have, must attain within one year of assuming position. Substitution of comparable professional Magnet approved certification(s) may be made as approved by the System Director of Health Informatics.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning.
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm.
- Ability to prioritize workload with attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work under constant deadlines with frequent interruptions and able to handle multiple duties.
- Must have the ability to organize, coordinate, and direct; demonstrate judgment, diplomacy, assertiveness and initiative.
- Requires a minimum of three (3) years of experience in clinical informatics activities, including solution design, system implementation, issue resolution, and customer service/support.
- Requires a minimum of three (3) years of experience in leading team(s).
- Requires a minimum of five (5) years of direct patient care delivery
- Requires three (3) or more years of experience in performance improvement activities, including analyze and re-design of clinical workflow processes.
- Experience with Meditech Healthcare Information Systems is a plus.
- Valid Texas Driver’s License
- Current Valid TX or LA Professional License