8AM - 5PM
Epic Analyst - Grand Central/Prelude/Real Time Eligibility
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
USView On A Map View Other Locations
Share This Job On
Epic Analyst - Grand Central/Prelude/Real Time Eligibility Job in Irving
The Application System Analyst II serves as a liaison between system end-users (customers), operational leaders, additional support resources and vendors to design, build and optimize their assigned applications in a timely and high-quality manner. The Systems Analyst II will provide application support and optimization. They work closely with the Service Desk to assist in responding to service requests. The Application System Analyst II must be able to analyze business issues/requirements and workflows and apply their application knowledge to meet operational and organizational needs. Project implementation responsibilities include collaborating with customers contributing to the analysis, testing, and documentation and implementation of medium to high complexity activities of assigned software. This position must possess sufficient detailed healthcare knowledge and systems expertise to implement medium to high complexity assigned application with minimal guidance. The Associate must be a self-motivated individual with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in team environments.
- Analyze, develop, test, document, educate, implement, support, and maintain or optimize assigned applications, solutions and business processes to meet operational and technical
- Collaborates across project borders with other teams. Thinks outside the box and proposes practical solutions to issues. Provides oversight and project management to assigned tasks.
- Demonstrates a solid/working level of subject matter expertise in providing support to projects, customers, and other teams, while proactively working to improve and obtain new expertise in application/system in assigned areas. Utilizes application training, application web site and application resource materials regularly and effectively and is able guide newer team members in utilizing these resources.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of operations, can proactively identify opportunities to enhance customer usability, efficiency and/or experience. Represents user needs and expectations in larger, more complex system updates and enhancements. Provides clear and organized status reporting on key project areas to be used as external communications to stakeholders.
- Performs working level process and requirement analysis, including process mapping though current flow charts, documents, future needs/plans, requirement elicitation, stakeholder analysis, and specification gathering to deliver cross team solutions. Responsible for completing working level gap analysis, and providing recommendations.
- Able to clearly articulate complex design, configuration issues to end users and project stakeholders. Maintains relationship with end user leadership post-engagement. Proactively addresses end user conflicts.
- Contributes to strategy discussions by identifying options with associated pros and cons with team members. Facilitates making timely decisions; makes sound decisions even in the absence of complete information. Recognizes when a quick 80% resolution will suffice.
- Adhere to organization standards for system configuration and change control.
- Strong technical proficiency in application-specific design and configuration. Ability to clearly articulate and communicate core design, configuration concepts to end users. Able to independently analyze, design, and configure the application. Able to teach design, configuration concepts to new team members.
- Collaborate and develop strong relationships with end user communities, customers and business partners.
- Collaborate with Operational Leaders to focus on standardized best practice workflow processes and content to ensure alignment across all ministries, to create efficiencies, and to ensure optimal operational processes.
- Coordinates code changes with appropriate vendor related to financial and business application issues.
- Collaborates with Technical Team to identify and infrastructure related issues that have resulted in application issues.
- Share industry best practices from vendors with Operational Leaders.
- Demonstrates increasing technical knowledge of the assigned application including relationships of infrastructure and impact to user if unavailable.
- Serves as a liaison between business operations and providers, internal information technology, system users and vendors working within the defined project objectives for issue and problem resolution.
- Follows strict change management processes ensuring proper approval, testing, and validation of system changes.
- Written documentation delivered to end users and leadership shows consistency and attentive review. Is a team player and able to proactively communicate issues and concepts to project leadership.
- Associate periodically reviews and auto-corrects his/her skills, habits, work ethic, and behaviors and manages his/her work in an effective and agreeable way among peers. Associate is sensitive and aware of how others perceive them and take care to ensure smooth and effective working relationships and environments.
- Proactively and independently troubleshoot and resolve moderate incidents and requests without direction.
- Maintains high standards for quality of work for self and others. Provides oversight and feedback on team member design, configuration and deliverables.
- Manages medium complexity projects/requests. Collaborates with team members as needed. Proactively evaluates all new release and functionality of applications.
- Complete in a timely manner assigned courses within Healthstream, other electronic tracking tools for educational related material or attend presentations in person as assigned.
- Ensure the services that he/she provides contribute to the successful accomplishment of the primary mission of the department.
- Escalates when SLAs are breached or appropriate vendor action is not occurring.
- May be required to travel to perform duties.
- May be required to work long hours during critical problems and on-call rotation.
- Assist in preparation and conducting of continuing formal or informal training session for users and co-workers.
- Identifies and seizes new opportunities, displays can-do attitude in good and bad times and steps up to handle tough issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred with a focus in healthcare, business, or information systems.
- Ability to present complex data in meaningful method, i.e., charts, graphs
- Ability to adjust to and implement change
- Problem Solving skills
- Multitasking skills
- Work as a team member
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent customer service skills
- Highly effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to establish working relationships that foster optimal quality teamwork and education
- Strong organizational skills in managing multiple priorities
- 3+ Years of experience
- 2+ years within healthcare, business, or information systems
- Solves moderate incidents without direction
- Develops new functionality for requests with little direction
- Works in a team setting, sharing information and assisting other junior level team members
- Possesses detailed healthcare knowledge and systems expertise
- Makes decisions regarding own work on primarily routine cases
- Works under minimal supervision, uses independent judgment requiring analysis of variable factors
- Collaborates with senior team members to develop approaches and solutions
- Mentors and may train team members within own functional or application
- Associated certifications on area of focus, preferred
- For Epic Analysts:
- Certified or proficient in assigned Epic module (must be obtained within 6 months of employment date)
- Certifications or Proficiencies must stay current by maintaining new version training