Volunteer Community Health VISTA Leader Job in Irving
In partnership with AmeriCorps VISTA, CHRISTUS Health seeks to support the growth/capacity of the Community Health department infrastructure to result in greater alignment to community needs, improvement of community health outcomes, and increased health equity. The System Community Health VISTA Leader will support the recruitment and training of Regional Community Health VISTA Coordinators; coordinate and monitor the activities of the Regional Community Health VISTA Coordinators; and develop and coordinate volunteer partnerships with the community.
- Support the recruitment and selection of Regional Community Health VISTA Coordinators.
- Develop and conduct onboarding, orientation, and trainings for Regional Community Health VISTA Coordinators.
- Facilitate engagement of Regional Community Health VISTA Coordinators across the health system and monitor monthly reports.
- Provide support in coordinating the Regional VISTA Community Health Coordinators’ community resource list and program evaluations.
- Coordinate volunteer partnerships between CHRISTUS Health and the community.
- 40 hours/week Mon-Fri, regular business hours (occasional nights/weekends)
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must either be a citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident of the United States
- Completion of at least one full-term service in AmeriCorps VISTA, AmeriCorps National, or Peace Corps program