Apply Now Virtual Reality Developer Job in Irving
We are seeking a Virtual Reality (VR) Developer to join our Digital Associate Experience team and build cutting edge visualization tools and simulations. Our team expects this role to problem-solve and create everything from interactive equipment demos to advanced virtual prototypes of technological and medical processes.
- Create custom AR and VR experiences for company projects and initiatives in Unity and/or Unreal Engine, or any other VR development tool
- Collaborating with designers and clients to evaluate project needs and come up with innovative experiences
- Setting up virtual environments for a wide range of AR or VR scenarios, depending on the project type
- Implementing user interfaces based on mockups, storyboards, and prototypes
- Crafting intuitive user interactions for both novice and experienced users
- Writing well-documented, reusable code in C++, C#, or other languages as necessary
- Diagnosing, documenting, and fixing bugs reported by testers and users
- Using industry standard source control and issue tracking systems (Git, Jira, Trello, etc.)
- Participating in project planning and management, and team code review processes
- Keeping up with the latest trends and advancements in the AR and VR space
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Computer science, computer engineering, information technology, or game design degree or 3+ years game development experience. We will also consider applicants with the equivalent combination of education, technical expertise, training, or work experience.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Effective communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Familiarity with industry-standard 3D graphics software such as 3DS Max, Maya, Substance, etc.
- Strong understanding of analytics reporting, and data overview related to VR deployments
- Familiar with training methodologies and VR training scenario development
- Familiarity with standard AR and VR hardware (like the Oculus 2 Headsets), software, best practices, and design patterns
- Applicants for this position must have a good working knowledge of Unity, Blender, and/or Unreal Engine.
- Ability to understand and apply 2D and 3D mathematical concepts (linear algebra, matrix multiplication, quaternions, etc.)
- Proficiency in Object Oriented Programming and coding best practices, especially in C# and/or C++
- Knowledge of game engine concepts such as lighting, shaders, materials, meshes, scripting, etc.
- History of working collaboratively with a team of designers and developers
- Creativity in finding solutions to abstract design problems, particularly with respect to translating real-world concepts and interactions into VR
- Capacity to prioritize tasks through self-directed time management and organization
- UI/UX ability and experience is an added bonus
- Experience developing for Android and iOS devices
- 3+ years game development experience preferred. We will also consider applicants with the equivalent combination of education, technical expertise, training, or work experience.