Vice President, Physician Practice Operations
CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic
CTC Spohn Medical Group Administration 5802 Saratoga Blvd
5802 Saratoga Boulevard
Corpus Christi, TX 78414
USView On A Map View Other Locations
Share This Job On
Vice President, Physician Practice Operations Job in Corpus Christi
Under direction of the assigned regional Chief Operating Officer in CHRISTUS Health this position develops and implements the operational performance improvement plans for the assigned region(s), and the business aspects of clinical integration that advance CHRISTUS Health mission and vision. This includes, but is not limited to, increasing revenues, market share and enhancing quality and resource utilization (value creation). This position will have primary administrative responsibility for providing management to the assigned ministry(s). This position shall assess, analyze, and execute strategically and financially feasible physician business and service line strategies that will expand CHRISTUS’s capabilities and enhance its ability to provide value to its customers. The Vice President – Physician Practice Operations, shall manage or work collaboratively with the Regional Ministries as well as internal and external system resources, including representatives from finance, legal, managed care, information technology, and clinical effectiveness to take advantage of the synergy associated with multi-disciplinary team approach to physician practice management and service line development.
- Proactively supports the mission and vision of CHRISTUS Health. Demonstrates and expects others to demonstrate personal and professional behaviors consistent with CHRISTUS Health’s mission, vision and values.
- Provides System project leadership for (1) physician practice operations, (2) physician co-management arrangements, (3) clinical integration activities (4) implementation and management of clinical and business practice operations.
- Manages and works collaboratively with Regional Ministries.
- Maintains tools and data sets as required to support physician business and development, analysis, and process across the assigned Region(s) including coordination with other departments as needed to ensure maximum integration with minimal duplication of efforts.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory agencies governing health care services and the rules of accrediting bodies. Ensures compliance with all internal CHRISTUS Health compliance standards. Collaborate with independent Compliance Officer.
- Coordinates activities necessary to optimize clinical, financial and satisfaction outcomes.
- Develop the capabilities and professionalism of associates and managers.
- Maintains professional competency in the provision of inpatient and ambulatory physician practice services.
- Requires Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Finance. MBA strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated financial modeling and analysis skills.
- Comfortable working in a Matrix model organization
- Strong analytical and quantitative thinker
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Facilitation skills
- Business planning skills to include development of feasibility studies and program analysis.
- Excellent communicator, speaker, and listener
- Sensitive to overall system needs and skill to balance with regional needs.
- Demonstrated ability to manage widely located associates and managers at sites of service.
- Must have significant related work experience (10 or more years)
- Ideal candidate would have work experience with broad understanding of all aspects of health care services, with specific emphasis on physician practice management.