Apply Now Vice President, Physician Compensation Job in Irving
The Vice President, Physician Compensation is responsible for the strategic design and administration of all physician compensation programs at CHRISTUS Health. This position develops, implements, and administers physician compensation strategies, models, and programs. The Vice President will develop compensation plans and incentives, direct the preparation of compensation models, document fair market value and commercial reasonableness, administer physician contracts and associated reporting, create and maintain policies and best practices, and monitor industry trends involving physician compensation. Additionally, the Vice President will ensure physician compensation models and practices are effective, well understood, compliant with applicable state and federal laws and regulations, and aligned with CHRISTUS’s physician compensation philosophy and with strategic objectives.
The Vice President plays a critical role in the Human Resources function to align physician compensation and benefits to CHRISTUS strategic objectives and initiatives. A primary focus of this role is to drive an enterprise total rewards strategy, which largely includes collaboration with the compensation and benefits teams to: ensure market-competitive physician compensation and benefits programs, adopt and execute best processes and practices, manage all physician compensation issues, and effectively communicate compensation and benefits information to executives and physicians across the CHRISTUS Health system. The Vice President will be recognized as an expert in physician compensation, serve as a consultative partner with leaders across the organization, and have comprehensive knowledge and application of compensation and benefits best practices in a large-scale, highly-matrixed organization. The Vice President will be expected to exemplify the CHRISTUS mission, vision and values, and act in accordance with CHRISTUS policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Accounting, Business, Economics, Health Administration, Math, Statistics or related fields required.
- Master’s in Business, Health Administration, related discipline or CPA preferred.
- At least eight - ten years healthcare experience, including experience in designing and implementing physician compensation models and aligning with health system strategies required.
- High proficiency skills in Microsoft Excel and financial systems.
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication, including presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Maturity to tolerate pressure that may arise in relation to physicians or administration.
- Strong understanding of Stark, Anti-Kickback Statute, FMV concepts and national benchmarking.
- Working familiarity of tax laws, equal employment opportunity laws, and pay equity regulations.
Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
- None required