Vice President, Chief Nursing Practice Officer
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Vice President, Chief Nursing Practice Officer Job in Irving
The Vice President, Chief Nursing Practice Officer is an Executive leader who, through innovation, vision, knowledge, and skills, leverages best practice, literature, research, and informatics to optimize care outcomes. This role supports the System Senior Vice President, Chief Nursing Officer in leading the strategic vision of Nursing across the CHRISTUS Health System and is responsible for the overall support of nursing practice to include implementation of best practices and information technology. This leader contributes key nursing leadership in the strategy, development and implementation of nursing practice and development of the nursing workforce. In partnership with other system and ministry leaders collaborates in the clinical and administrative decision-making process. The Vice President works with Division CNEs, Ministry CNOs, system informatics leaders, and informaticists to lead the development and implementation of clinical strategies, policies, practices, and informatics support throughout the CHRISTUS Health system to achieve nursing standardization, evidence-based practices, operational excellence, and optimal patient care performance.
- DNP or PhD in Nursing required.
- A high level of interpersonal skills, tact, and diplomacy required to deal effectively with a wide variety of internal and external publics.
- Knowledgeable of health care professional education and continuing educational requirements.
- Knowledge of nursing and allied health standards of care and scope of practice.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong knowledge of EPIC, MEDITECH or other major clinical information system
- Strong knowledge of clinical care processes across all nursing clinical disciplines in the continuum of care and demonstrated expertise in the application of clinical technology to these processes
- Knowledge of computer programs such as: Microsoft, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Leadership Experience – 5+ years executive leadership level or above
- Experience as a CNO/CNE across multiple facilities and acuity settings.
- Experience as an advanced practice nurse preferred.
- Experience and knowledge in operational enhancement, performance improvement and change management preferred.
- Experience in transformational and organizational change management and demonstrated understanding of change management theories and principles.
- Demonstrated success at facilitating professional practice through documentation system design.
- Demonstrated experience in a complex, integrated health system environment.
Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
- Current RN license
- Applicable professional certification(s) preferred