Vascular Technologist Registered
CHRISTUS Southwestern Louisiana
CHRISTUS Ochsner St Patrick Hospital
524 Dr Michael DeBakey Drive
Lake Charles, LA 70601
Share This Job On
Apply Now Vascular Technologist Registered Job in Lake Charles
The Vascular Technologist Registered (RDMS, RVT or R.T.(S) and RVT) will be a graduate of an A.M.A. approved Allied Health program in radiologic technology or have an AA in diagnostic medical sonography. The RDMS license must be in RVT( vascular) license with Abdomen preferred. Certification can be obtained in OB/GYN and Breast ultrasound as well. Each Registered Technologist will maintain a level of competency necessary to work in their chosen fields by meeting the requirement of 30 CME's per triennium. Competency will be expected in performance of job duties associated with varying age groups. The evaluation of job performance will be done annually. The registered Technologist can base his/her performance on behavior, clinical skills, leadership and quality maintenance.
- Completion of a Radiology focused program, in Diagnostic Medical Sonography with certification in Vascular Ultrasound.
- Sufficient clinical scanning experience to be eligible for certification with RDMS, and AART in Adbomen, OB/GYN and Breast Ultrasound.
- Minimum 2 year scanning experience in Carotid, Venous and Arterial Peripheral Vascular and Abdominal Vascular exams.
- Minimum 1 year scanning experience in Abdomen, OB/GYN and Breast UltrasoundARDMS, ARRT or ICAVL Vascular Ultrasound required.
- ARDMS or ARRT Sonography certification in Abdomen required.
- ARDMS or ARRT Sonography certification in OB/GYN and Breast preferred.
- LRST/ARRT Radiology Technology License preferred.