5 DAYS - 8 HOURS
US, Ultrasound Technologist Registered - Marshall Imaging - Full Time
CHRISTUS Good Shepherd
CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Medical Center Marshall
Share This Job On
US, Ultrasound Technologist Registered - Marshall Imaging - Full Time Job in Marshall
The Registered Ultrasound technologist will apply medical ultrasound to the patient in accordance with a doctor's order and works within the scope of practice as defined by the Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography and American Society Radiologic Technologists. This position must be able to handle the movement, set-up and operation of medical ultrasound equipment. The technologist must be able to handle all patients according to the needs of that patient. This position takes direction from the Radiology Medical Director and understands patient assessment and treatment procedures as outlined by policy. The position provides patient assessment information to the Radiologist as needed. The technologist is trained in Basic Life Support and provides when asked to do so. The position has a responsibility to appropriately document procedural information in the patient's medical record including PACS. Behavior and communication skills must align with the organizations mission, values and culture.
• Meets expectations of the applicable OneCHRISTUS Competencies: Leader of Self, Leader of Others, or Leader of Leaders.
• Performs a variety of high-quality ultrasound procedures under minimal supervision utilizing diagnostic ultrasound imaging equipment.
• Documents calibration procedures for individual imaging equipment.
• Coordinates, organizes, plans and makes quick decisions on emergent cases; evaluates and acts to maintain efficiency and maximize productivity.
• Assists the Radiologist in performing invasive biopsy procedures using the Ultrasound system to pin point exact anatomical location(s) of a specified diseased area for specimen evaluation and diagnosis.
• Ensures that all procedures are accurately charged and sees to all charges being turned in at the end of the day for correct billing.
• Sees that the Ultrasound room is adequately supplied, checks equipment and computer status for readiness, reports any problems that could change the work flow and make sure corrective actions are taken to ensure of work flow continuity.
• Must be able to perform all tasks, as listed but not limited to nor to exclude any and all tasks as deemed necessary or recommended by the associate’s immediate supervisor or manager on duty.
• Demonstrates competence to perform assigned patient care responsibilities in a manner that meets the population-specific and developmental needs of patients served by the department
• Appropriately adapts assigned patient assessment to accommodate the unique physical, psychosocial, cultural, age specific and other developmental needs of each patient served.
• Demonstrates adherence to the CORE values of Christus Health.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Ultrasound Technology or other accepted and approved equivalent required
- Minimum 1-year scanning experience in Abdomen, OB/GYN, Vascular and Breast Ultrasound preferred
Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
- ARDMS or ARRT/Sonography certification in Abdomen required within one year
- LRST/ARRT Radiologic Technology License preferred
- Certification in OB/GYN or Breast preferred
- Current BLS (American Heart Association) required
5 Days - 8 Hours
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.