Apply Now Unit Secretary - Surgical Services - PRN Job in Corpus Christi
The Unit Secretary inputs patient medical information into the computer system. This position answers and directs phones for the department, orders supplies, greets guests such as physicians, patient families and visitors. Corresponds with ancillary departments regarding patient care, i.e. Pharmacy, Cardiopulmonary & Lab. Communicates and works closely with Physicians and the health care team.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline overlooking Corpus Christi Bay is the largest and foremost acute care medical facility in the region, with a full range of diagnostic and surgical specialty services in cardiac, cancer and stroke care. It is the leading emergency facility in the area and the only Level II Trauma Center in the Coastal Bend, staffed with physicians and nurses specially trained in emergency services.
- The Pavilion and the Critical Care Center house a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab and surgical suites.
- A teaching facility, in affiliation with the Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Accredited Joint Commission Stroke Team
The Shoreline campus is a premiere facility housing many of the region’s most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. The Pavilion at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline houses the CHRISTUS Spohn Heart Network, which was recently recognized as one of the top 100 cardiovascular hospitals in the United States. The Heart Institute offers the most advanced diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative cardiac services in one convenient location.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Computer knowledge and customer service skills required. Medical terminology preferred. Previous experience as a Unit Secretary preferred.
- De-escalation training required within 90 days of hire/transfer date for Associates in Emergency Department
- Nursing Student or Surgical Tech Student Preferred
Per Diem As Needed