Undergraduate Medical Education Program Specialist II
CHRISTUS System Office
Education and Research
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Undergraduate Medical Education Program Specialist II Job in Irving
This position coordinates a wide variety of situations and functions in the Academics Office. This position provides day-to-day administrative support and educational coordination between attending physicians, medical students, institutional administrative officials, residents, clinical learners, and outside academic partners, making independent decisions as appropriate, and working as part of a team for the overall support of the CHRISTUS Department of Academics. The coordinator must demonstrate initiative, organization, resourcefulness, customer-service, and problem-solving skills in applying detailed knowledge of Medical Student Education and Graduate Medical Education. The Specialist must function effectively within underlying management structure of the education programs and the larger institution, in organizing and independently prioritizing work, establishing procedures and systems, and ensuring orderly and timely work flow.
- Onboarding of all Medical Students from affiliated institutions.
- Onboarding of all Observers and Clinical Learners
- Work with Residency Programs and GME Specialists as needed
- Ensure the timely completion of evaluations by course directors and faculty.
- Assists in collecting data and preparing reports for UME.
- Assists in coordinating special events for students.
- Demonstrates competence to perform assigned responsibilities in a manner that meets the population-specific and developmental needs of the members served by the department.
- Appropriately adapts assigned assessment, treatment, and/or service methods to accommodate the unique physical, psychosocial, cultural, age-specific and other developmental needs of each member served.
- Takes personal responsibility to ensure compliancewith all policies, procedures and standards as promulgated by state and federal agencies, the hospital, and other regulatory entities.
- Performs all duties in a manner that protects the confidentiality of patients and does not solicit or disclose any confidential information unless it is necessary in the performance of assigned job duties.
- Demonstrates adherence to the CORE values of CHRISTUS Health.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- An equivalent combination of education and related experience may be considered. Must have advanced personal computer literacy, data-base management skills, use of telephone system, copy/scan/fax machine.
- Must have people management skills.
- Must have independent decision-making skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must have advanced personal computer literacy, data-base management skills, use of telephone system, copy/scan/fax machine.
- The UME Specialist must be a person with 3 or more years’ experience in a healthcare setting with progressively increased responsibilities. Prior medical education administration or medical office administration experience preferred.