8AM - 5PM
Ultrasound Technologist Registered - Maternal Fetal Medicine Clinic
CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic
Minimum Overnight Travel Up To 10 Percent
CTC Tyler Maternal Fetal Medicine 620 South Fleishel
Share This Job On
Apply Now Ultrasound Technologist Registered - Maternal Fetal Medicine Clinic Job in Tyler
This position will apply medical ultrasound to the patient in accordance with a doctor's order and works within the scope of practice as defined by the Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography and American Society Radiologic Technologists. This position must be able to handle the movement, set-up and operation of medical ultrasound equipment. The Technologist must be able to handle all patients according to the needs of that patient. This position takes direction from the Radiology Medical Director and understands patient assessment and treatment procedures as outlined by policy. The position provides patient assessment information to the Radiologist as needed,. The technologist is trained in Basic Life Support and provides when asked to do so. The position has a responsibility to appropriately document procedural information in the patient's medical record.
- Obtain Patient information such as history, allergies, etc. pertinent to the patient's condition and monitor that condition recognizing any changes.
- Perform all pre-study procedures including patient preparation, equipment preparation and paperwork.
- Delivery of care.
- Explains procedure to patient and family.
- Performs procedures of high technical imaging quality according to department protocols and established standards,
- Responsible and accountable for the technical operations and activities of the assigned area(s).
- Resolves work related issues proactively and professionally.
- Participate in quality review and performance improvement.
- Takes weekend call for hospital ultrasound needs on a rotation - Monday-Friday, 6am - 8am; Monday-Friday 5pm - 10pm and Weekends/Holidays 8am - 12pm.
- Responsible and accountable for Customer Service practices and standards compliance.
- Demonstrates customer service excellence by anticipating and responding to the needs of patient, providers, employees and other customers.
- Radiology Associate Degree is preferred.
- Completion of a Radiology focused program in Diagnostic Medical Sonography with sufficient clinical scanning experience to be eligible for certification with ARRT and/or RDMS.
- Graduate of AMA approved School of Radiological Sciences, Ultrasound Technology or other accepted and approved equivalent.
- Graduate of an accredited Ultrasound program
- Minimum of (1) year scanning experience in Abdomen, OB/GYN, Vascular and Breast Ultrasound preferred.
- Minimum of (1) year of experience in a clinical ultrasound setting required.
- Must have experience in and ability to perform all types of General Ultrasound procedures.
- Minimum of (2) years verifiable OB/GYN or MFM ultrasound experience.
- ARDMS or ARRT/Sonography certification in Abdomen required within one year.
- LRST/ARRT Radiologic Technology License preferred.
- Certification in OB/GYN or Breast preferred.
- Registration by a credentialing body for Ultrasound Technologist required.
- Preferred registries include:American Registry of Diagnostic Sonographers (ARDMS), CCI or ARRT.
- BLS (American heart Association) is required.