Ultrasound Technologist - Imaging Ultrasound Job in San Marcos
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital – San Marcos, which originated in 1923 as Hays County Soldiers, Sailors and Marines Memorial Hospital, opened at its current Wonder World Drive location in 1983. Our staff of more than 700 Associates works with more than 300 active and consulting physicians to provide quality services to patients and their families. For more than 20 consecutive years, we have been named The Best Hospital in Hays County in the annual “Best of Hays” publication released by the San Marcos Daily Record. In addition to interventional cardiac services, CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital – San Marcos is a Certified Chest Pain Center and an accredited Primary Stroke Center. We lead the region in da Vinci robotic-assisted surgery and offers a variety of specialty care services including medical imaging, rehabilitation, hospice, women’s services and more.
Coordinate and perform diagnostic medical imaging procedures for CHRISTUS Health - The Children's Hospital of San Antonio; assisting the Radiologist utilizing a variety of diagnostic ultrasound equipment, both fixed or mobile.
· High school graduate required.
· Graduate of AMA approved School of Radiological Sciences, Ultrasound Technology, or other accepted and approved equivalent.
· At least one (1) year of experience in an OB concentrated ultrasound setting.
· Two (2) years additional experience in a clinical ultrasound setting
· Must be familiar with a variety of technical/ diagnostic procedures, anatomy and physiology and be familiar with the utilization of diagnostic equipment used to perform these procedures.
· Must also be familiar in the performing the following procedures:
· Doppler evaluation of maternal and fetal structures
· Transvaginal cervical assessment
· Biophysical profiles Teleradiology experience is helpful
· Prefer registration by the credentialing bodies for Ultrasound Technologists.
· Prefer American Registry of Diagnostic Sonographers(ARDMS), CCI, or ARRT .
Per Diem As Needed