Tumor Registry & Accreditation Supervisor FT/40HRS
CHRISTUS St. Vincent
490A West Zia Rd
Santa Fe, NM 87505
Share This Job On
Apply Now Tumor Registry & Accreditation Supervisor FT/40HRS Job in Santa Fe
EDUCATION: Associate of Science in Health Information Technology, or in Biology or other health care field required.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: Certified Tumor Registrar required, or RRA and/or ART required
- Data coding, Medical Terminology, Anatomy & Physiology
- Basic keyboarding/data entry
- Basic knowledge of Windows-based software
- Excellent organizational skills with detail orientation and good follow throug
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- ACoS-FORDS codin
- ICD-10 coding, AJCC Cancer Staging and Collaborative Staging Manuals
- Excellent investigative/analytic skills with detail orientation; and data quality control
- Ability to work effectively with physicians and coworkers
EXPERIENCE: 1-3 years of experience in Hospital cancer registry required; State cancer registry experience acceptable. Previous Commission on Cancer, NAPBC or NCDB accreditation experience preferred
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
-Responsible to: Director of Cancer Center
ENVIRONMENT: Requires knowledge of general safety standards to limit exposure to infectious disease. Daily contact with infectious diseases and body fluids.
- Bloodborne pathogens: C
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Bending, stooping, and lifting up to 35 lbs, reaching above head and below knee level. Utilization of proper body mechanics.