5 DAYS - 8 HOURS
Tumor Registrar-Cancer Tumor Registration
CHRISTUS Shreveport / Bossier
CHRISTUS Highland Medical Center
1453 E Bert Kouns Industrial Loop
Shreveport, LA 71105
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Tumor Registrar-Cancer Tumor Registration Job in Shreveport
Performs cancer abstracting, staging and coding of regulatory cancer specific information to comply with the ACOS (FORDS), SEER, NPCR, and NAACCR regulatory data sets from the electronic patient information system.
- Completion of a two year Health Information Management degree program (RHIT) or maximum the completion of a four year Health Information Management degree program (RHIA).
- Knowledge of abstracting regulatory reporting data sets in compliance with the ACOS, SEER, NPCR, and NAACCR agencies.
- Knowledge of Cancer staging of the AJCC-TNM staging and the SEER Collaborative Staging System.
- Knowledge of ICD-0, ICD-9 coding system.
- Three years mandatory cancer data abstracting and case finding experience in an ACOS accredited cancer program.
- CTR certified or CTR eligible.