Trauma Registrar - ECC Trauma Job in San Antonio
The Trauma Registrar will provide data entry support for the Trauma Registry and as time permits, clerical support for the Trauma Program Director and Trauma Coordinator. The Trauma Registrar will be responsible for assistance in maintaining the CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health Care System Trauma Registry in compliance with all requirements of the Department of State Health Services, as outlined in the State Trauma Rules. The Trauma Registry is critical to the development and maintenance of an effective performance improvement program for trauma. The Trauma Registry also provides data needed for research and epidemiological studies.
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital - Medical Center (CSRH-MC), located in the South Texas Medical Center, provides a high-level of care through compassionate hands, experience physicians, and advanced technology, including the da Vinci Surgical Robot System and the Mako™ Robotic-Arm Assisted System. Services at the 178- bed facility include Acute Care of the Elderly Unit, cardiology, diabetes care, emergency care, general surgery, kidney transplantation at the CHRISTUS Transplant Institute, orthopedics, outpatient rehabilitation and aquatic therapy, Senior Behavioral Health Center, urology, and the Wound Care and Hyperbaric Center.
- Must have a minimum of a high school diploma.
- Must have a medical background with experience and understanding of medical terminology.
- Preferred a Registered Nurse, Licensed Vocational Nurse or a Emergency Medical Technician
- Previous experience in healthcare setting required.
- Must have recent experience and proficiency with computer databases, word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Medical terminology understanding
- Must have good attention to detail and accuracy
- AAAM course or other course in injury severity scaling preferred
- Reaching, bending, stooping and stretching throughout the day.
- Sitting, walking, and standing at intervals during the day.
- Pushing, pulling, and occasionally lifting up to 30 lbs.
- Uses phone and computer throughout the day.