CHRISTUS Southeast Texas
CHRISTUS Southeast Texas St Elizabeth Hospital
2830 Calder Avenue
Beaumont, TX 77702
Share This Job On
Apply Now Trauma Registrar Job in Beaumont
The registrar extracts, enters and interprets data in the registry. The ability to perform ICD- coding is required, as is trauma scoring with statistical reporting and interpretation. The ability to create and print reports is an essential function of the registrar. The registrar maintains the confidentiality of data in the registry. The registrar also performs data validation per the American College of Surgeon’s criteria. A proficiency in the maintenance and manipulation of the TRAUMA BASE software is essential. This position can also serve as secretarial support for the trauma services department.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Associate degree preferred.
- Experience with medical records; coding experience preferred; medical terminology experience preferred.
- Basic EMT preferred.
- Trauma Base Software within ninety (90) days of employment.
- AIS coding within twelve (12) months of employment.
- Continuing education will be required as per the American College of Surgeon’s criteria.
- Certification by the American Trauma Society registrar certification board (ATSRCB) is preferred.
- A Trauma registrar course or equivalent provided by the State of Texas trauma program within 12 months of hire.