Apply Now Translator Job in Houston
The Translator is responsible for the translation of documents and publications from Spanish into English and from English into Spanish. This position may conduct simultaneous translation during meetings and gatherings. Reads material and rewrites material in specified language or languages, following established rules pertaining to factors, such as word meanings, sentence structure, grammar, punctuation, and mechanics. The translator ensures that the translated version conveys the meaning of the original as clearly as possible. Trans-creating may also be part of the job, which is a mix of translation, localization and copywriting, where the text is culturally and linguistically adapted to suit the reader. Material translated involves commercial; educational; legal; literary; scientific and technical documents from different countries (Central America, Ireland, Kenya and USA). The translator may also formulate documents in both languages. Keeps files of documents involved.
Graphic design skills would be an added benefit for this position. The Graphic Designer creates and designs artwork, logos and layouts for material to be presented by visual communications media such as books, magazines, newspapers, of documents, announcements, invitations, prayer services, newsletters, leaflets and booklets. The graphic designer produces creative ideas and concepts, choosing the appropriate media and style by utilizing Photoshop, InDesign, FreeHand, Illustrator, and Acrobat to developer and meet objectives.
Keeps up-to-date knowledge of industry software and a professional approach to time and deadlines to design and produce finished artwork or product. This position will manage content, graphic aspects, and presentation of material, product, or service. This position ensures consistency of design. Determines size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, selects style and size of type, and arranges layout based upon available space, knowledge of layout principles, and esthetic design concepts. Draws sample of finished layout. Reviews final layout and suggests improvements as needed. Arranges layout based upon available space and aesthetic design concepts, and is responsible for layout and production. Keeps all documents involved. The graphic designer may work with photographs, including corrections, enhancements and modifications, using software equipment.
- Degree in Bilingual (English/Spanish) Education or equivalent work experience.
- Three (3) to four (4) years experience as a translator; with strong written translation skills from Spanish to English and English to Spanish required.
- Proficient knowledge of both English and Spanish. (Reading and Writing)
- Able to interpret both languages, written and orally.
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality in all aspects of assigned duties.
- Demonstrate flexibility and versatility in managing work assignments.
- Able to manage work priorities and directs priorities on job assignments.
- Proficient knowledge of software including but not limited to the following: in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Publisher, Adobe PageMaker CS3, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Notary public certification desirable