Telesitter Tech Per Diem
CHRISTUS St. Vincent
Share This Job On
Apply Now Telesitter Tech Per Diem Job in Santa Fe
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides continuous observation and surveillance of assigned patients via Avasys Telesitter or direct one-on-one observation under the guidance and direction of the nurse.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma. Completion of the Advanced Certified Nursing Assistant training required or must obtain within six months from date of hire or date of transfer.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: Certified nursing assistant certification required. BLS issued through American Heart Association required.
- Basic computer operations
- Ability to communicate in English effectively both verbally and in writing
- Must possess professional communication skills, and work effectively with a diverse customer and coworker population
- Effective communication for interdepartmental collaborative relationship building
- Data collection and trending on defined metrics
- Demonstrates principles of AIDET communication in a professional manner
- Understands confidentiality laws that govern the provider-patient relationship, including but not limited to HIPAA guidelines
- Uses technology to enhance real-time communication -- phone, telesitter device and any other unit specific communication devices
- Performs responsibilities consistent with hospital safety policies
- Possess ability to make independent judgments and multitask in a fast paced environment and under stressful situations at times
- Must work effectively and efficiently without direct supervision
- Understanding of the confidentiality laws that govern the provider-patient relationship, including but not limited to HIPAA guidelines
EXPERIENCE: One year in a hospital environment preferred.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
-Responsible to: Manager of CSV Float Pool
-Bloodborne pathogen: B
Works irregular hours. Multiple simultaneous activities of patient care. Exposure to infectious diseases and x-rays. Exposure to varying unpredictable situations.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to handle emergency situations, prolonged, extensive or considerable sitting. Has knowledge of and uses good body mechanics. Hearing and visual acuity within normal limits. Manual dexterity and fine motor coordination required.