Telecommunications Specialist II
CHRISTUS Central Louisiana/St. Frances Cabrini
CHRISTUS St Frances Cabrini Hospital
3330 Masonic Drive
Alexandria, LA 71301
Share This Job On
Apply Now Telecommunications Specialist II Job in Alexandria
- Bachelor degree in a technical field preferred or equivalent industry experience (4 years) recommended
- Working knowledge of microcomputer, and telecommunications strategies, environments, applications, operating systems and equipment.
- Project Management.
- Problem solving skills.
- Patience, strong customer service skills.
- Multi-tasking ability.
- Time Management.
- Detail oriented.
- Interpersonal skills
- Four years of increasingly responsible experience in coordinating corporate telecommunication systems recommended.
- Technical knowledge and hands-on experience with enterprise level telephone systems including operational support of 3,000+ user networks.
- Ability to troubleshoot, evaluate and diagnose problems and recommend and implement solutions.
- Knowledge and experience with trunking, automatic route selection and routing of phone calls.
- Experience with cabling standards
- Knowledge of uniform dial plans and direct connectivity with multiple telephone systems.
- Knowledge of PSTN lines and trunks (copper and T1s).
- Knowledge of connectivity with other vendor telephone systems.
- Knowledge of connectivity with other equipments, such as dictation, time clocks, fax servers, CDR etc., via analog, T1 and IP.
- Working knowledge of VoIP phone set needs, including DHCP and TFTP and IP addressing schemes.
- Participate with Internetworking team to implement VoIP and IP trunking.
- Knowledge and experience with IP trunking and routing between telephone systems.
- Experience performing firmware updates to Avaya telephone system components.
- Knowledge of CDR/SMDR/Call Accounting applications used for capture and analysis of telephone usage for trunking and long distance analysis.
- Knowledge of Call Center configurations, processes, data capturing, reports and analysis.
- Experience at implementing and supporting telephone system networks based on AVAYA Technology.
- Experience at implementing and supporting telephone system networks based on Cisco Technology.
- Provide leadership and training to other staff members
- Provide advanced level training to super users of telephony features and capabilities.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to interact effectively with both technical and non-technical personnel & customers
- Participate in multi-party projects spanning several months.
- Update all applicable troubleshooting procedures/documentation
- Four years of increasingly responsible experience in implementing corporate telecommunication systems preferred
- AVAYA, Cisco
- Valid Driver's License