5 DAYS - 8 HOURS
Telecommunications Engineer II
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Corp Information Technology Center
Share This Job On
Apply Now Telecommunications Engineer II Job in San Antonio
The Telecommunications Engineer II is a strategic position providing the highest level of technical skill and expertise in Telecom Network Engineering as well as a tactical position involved with the execution of Telecom operations. Provides expert level of technical skill and expertise in the area of managing and maintaining data and voice networks. This position has extensive technical knowledge and experience in operational maintenance, availability, capacity planning, and monitoring of critical enterprise Voice (PBX/VoIP), Data systems, Call Routing Technologies, Wide Area Network Links, and Metropolitan Area Networks. Will provide guidance in the initial high-level solution design of multiple voice/data networks from a technology perspective. They will translate business requirements into technical requirements, taking into account the existing infrastructure and the need to integrate new and existing technologies. Ensure that a scalable, flexible enterprise voice or data solution is developed that will meet the complex needs of technology systems. Additionally, this position mentors the ESE I position and is responsible to review plans/designs for existing and new telecom network installations and project work. Day to day activities include telecom provisioning, performance tuning, adding networks, scripting for automating of tasks, assigning ports, error tracking, data movement, software configurations, product evaluation, and addressing interoperability issues. The position also works as part of a cross-functional team that deals with the full spectrum of technology and will fulfill the role of third level support for network technologies, escalation support for the rest of the team, and providing training and direction to other technical staff that perform the bulk of the first and second level support tasks
- Strategy & Planning – Plans and coordinates the future state of the Enterprise Telecom/Data networks for CHRISTUS information management
- Designs network solutions that meet the information system vision and strategy of the organization; plans, prioritizes, and manages projects, service requests, and routine assignments
- System Engineering - Analyzes Voice/Data network configurations for critical corporate resources; develops plans and recommendations to improve the performance and efficiency of the network; addresses all aspects including hardware, software, outside services, etc and prevents unplanned disruptions of critical systems
- System Integration – Integrates system components, subsystems, facilities and services into the existing technical systems environment; assesses impact on other systems, and works with
- other IM associates to ensure a positive impact; installs, configures, and verifies the operation of system components; maintains or improves integration and operation of systems relative to the overall environment; leads or participates as team member in cross-system projects
- System Management– Designs, implements, and oversees a proactive process to collect and report data and statistics on the internetworking environment; ensures the systems operate efficiently and meet the needs of the organization; ensures they are kept at most current stable version/release using vendor-supplied updates and patches; performs research and testing to verify impact of installing all updates; coordinates vendor support and ensures relationship is never jeopardized; monitors performance of all assigned systems, responds to reports of slow or erratic performance; control of all aspects of the network; provides training to IM associates and clients as needed
- Training & Certification - Maintains in-depth knowledge and current certification in data/voice technologies including but not limited to vendor certifications
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent job related experience.
- Minimum of at least three (3) years experience related to hospital or managed care credentialing.
- Minimum of at least three (3) years experience related to credentialing software database, preferable MD-Staffs.
- NAMSS Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) and NAMSS Certified Professional Medical Services Management (CPMSM) certifications required.