Technical Business Analyst II
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
USView On A Map View Other Locations
Share This Job On
Technical Business Analyst II Job in Irving
This position participates throughout all phases of the project life cycle for Health Plan service lines throughout CHRISTUS Health. Project life cycle responsibilities include collaborating with customers contributing to the feasibility, analysis, testing, documentation and implementation of medium to high complexity activities of assigned software. This position must possess sufficient detailed health plan information systems knowledge and systems expertise to implement complex assignments with minimal guidance. The Business System Analyst may participate in leading large projects and implementations. This position requires a self-starter with the ability to work with minimal oversight.
- Application Expertise - Detailed knowledge of assigned applications related to Business, Finance, Revenue Cycle and Human Resources service lines.
- Planning – Manage tasks associated with business analysis and the project management lifecycle.
- Project Implementation – Participate as IT Analyst subject matter expert in Executing phase of the Project Management Life Cycle.
- Stakeholder Analysis - Identify the stakeholders who will be impacted by the change and understand their influence and authority levels.
- Risk Assessment - Utilize methods to identify risk, probability, impact and how to mitigate those risks.
- Meeting Facilitation – Manage meetings, and requirements workshop planning and management.
- Feasibility Analysis - Utilize techniques to gather information at the right level of detail and scope to represent all of the stakeholder’s needs, and the ability to ask questions that lead to an understanding of the business need.
- Requirements – Understand and effectively communicate the requirements change process, and traceability
- System Optimization - Identify current capabilities and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Business Process Analysis- Utilize various modeling techniques such as process modeling, data modeling, system modeling.
- Interface Analysis - Understand technology infrastructure and how it interconnects, including sharing data to achieve a business goal.
- Requirements Writing - Develop use cases, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams and state charts, data dictionaries, class or entity relationship diagrams.
- Release Management - Ensure all stages of the project life cycle are completed for all technology projects and that support staff is fully trained prior to release into production environment.
- System Usability – Understand and know how a user interface helps the user to successfully complete a task, also known as usability.
- Test Management – Leads test activities for all assigned applications during the project implementation phases of the life cycle. Ensures that the application meets outlined requirements, responds correctly to inputs, performs desired functions, is sufficiently usable, and achieves stakeholder results.
- Communication - Demonstrate strong communication and human relationship skills.
- Customer Service - Provide effective customer service by being courteous, polite and friendly at all times. Acknowledge customers timely in order to determine their need and help the customer resolve the issue or request. Participate in departmental programs that promote and deliver exceptional customer service.
- Training - Assist in preparation and conducting of continuing formal or informal training session for users and co-workers.
- Bachelor's degree in business/MIS or Computer Science preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Analytic ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Visio.
- Excellent written and verbal skills required.
- Good judgment, initiative and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to handle and resolve complex issues with little assistance.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Five years healthcare experience with two to four years’ experience in business process environment; Managed Care and/or Health Plan experience preferred.
- Experience in process automation or technology solutions to support the healthcare market.