System Director, Project & Portfolio Management
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
Share This Job On
Apply Now System Director, Project & Portfolio Management Job in Irving
The System Director for Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) is responsible for providing executive leadership supporting CHRISTUS strategic initiatives for the clinical, business, financial and other supporting systems in a cost effective, high quality manner across all entities of the CHRISTUS organization. This position contributes to strategic business planning regarding the programs and projects required to maintain CHRISTUS’ strategic goals, operational effectiveness and competitive position.
This position is specifically responsible for successfully leading large initiatives related to project implementations.These activities involve planning, reviewing and controlling the conduct of PPM project team members and/or team leaders charged with developing and implementing PPM principles, guidelines, and procedures consistent with the Project Management Institute (PMI) Body of Knowledge (BOK), International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA), Business Analyst(BA) BOK, the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and other professional standards, application expertise and resources required for ongoing operational support and for creating and fostering a “customer centric” service in the delivery of information technology related products and services.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Healthcare, business or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Certification and experience in relevant Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) support and delivery processes preferred.
- Financial skills related to budgeting, forecasting and managing multi-million dollar departmental budgets.
- Minimum 7 years of experience with IT systems and IT management at senior director level in large and diverse business settings.
- Experience within health care industry.
- Experience with talent and knowledge management initiatives related to large, complex resource pools.
- Experience with and understanding of strategic and business planning methods, tools, and processes.
- Experience in working through major, continuous organizational change.
- Experience in leading the strategy and operations of large scale PMOs and Application Development teams
- Experience implementing major electronic health records (EHR) systems, preferably Epic, in integrated delivery health systems
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Leader with the demonstrated ability to motivate others in the work environment.
- Ability to perform in a rapidly changing and stressful working environment.
- Timely and dependable follow-up on problem resolution.
- A track record of working in a geographically diverse organization.
- A track record of successful large project implementations.
- Demonstrated business savvy to work effectively with other executives to achieve key business and technology goals.
- Demonstrated competency in organizational change management.
Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
- Certified PMP (Project Management)