System Director, Compliance Operations & Privacy Officer
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
USView On A Map View Other Locations
Share This Job On
System Director, Compliance Operations & Privacy Officer Job in Irving
The System Director, Compliance Operations & Privacy Officer contributes to CHRISTUS’s mission and vision by managing the U.S. acute care and ambulatory surgery center (ASC) compliance program, which is designed to help ensure that CHRISTUS and their personnel fully comply with CHRISTUS Health’s Code of Ethics and Business Conduct, applicable healthcare laws and regulations, and any policies and procedures designed to facilitate compliance. The System Director is responsible for oversight of areas all healthcare-related legal/regulatory compliance risk in the U.S. The System Director also serves as Privacy Officer for CHRISTUS Health and provides oversight of the privacy program. This executive also assists the Vice President, Corporate Compliance with ensuring that CHRISTUS Health’s U.S. Compliance Program has an effective healthcare compliance program, as defined by federal regulatory guidance.
The position provides support to the CHRISTUS Health System Office personnel, Regional Compliance Officers and the Legal Department, when they are called to respond to external regulatory audits and investigations relating to CHRISUS’s U.S. operations.
The System Director, Compliance Operations & Privacy Officer reports directly to the Vice President, Corporate Compliance and must demonstrate a steadfast commitment to personal integrity and excellence.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospital Administration, Finance, Law, Accounting, Health Services Management, Health Information Management, Nursing or Business required.
- Master’s Degree in Hospital Administration, Finance, Law, Accounting, Health Services Management, Health Information Management, Nursing or Business or Juris Doctor strongly preferred.
- Twelve (12) or more years of progressive leadership experience in healthcare compliance, legal, audit, administration, or operations, with a minimum of five (5) years leading system/regional level corporate compliance and privacy programs.
- Demonstrated high level of practical experience in a complex, multi-function, multi-entity environment with competencies in large system program planning, management and supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to lead effectively in a large, geographically diverse system.
- Ability to make best use of resources and creating opportunities; comfortable assessing, ranking and addressing risks.
- Comprehension of core business processes related to hospitals, academic medical center, including research, physician practices, and/or other provider types.
- A strategic thinker and tactical executor who is able to move an agenda from concept to reality and drives results and organizational improvement through performance outcomes.
- Ability to work with culturally diverse groups.
- Knowledge and experience in state and federal information privacy laws, including but not limited to HIPAA.
- Leadership skills necessary to promote a compliance-oriented culture within CHRISTUS Health.
- Ability to handle multiple demands and to respond rapidly to changing priorities.
Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
- Certification in Healthcare Compliance (CHC) strongly preferred.
- Privacy certification such as CIPP/US, CHPC or similar preferred.