System Director, Ambulatory Informatics Job in Irving
The System Director, Ambulatory Informatics is responsible for providing oversight and leadership in the delivery of implementation and support for clinical applications throughout CHRISTUS Health. This position contributes to the ongoing support of the programs and projects required to support CHRISTUS’ strategic goals, operational effectiveness and our competitive position.
This position is specifically responsible for implementing, supporting and optimizing Epic and other clinical applications that, together, comprise CHRISTUS’ electronic health record (EHR). Additionally, this position will be responsible for ensuring all pertinent applications are deployed, utilized and achieve maximum operational efficiency as well as cost effectiveness. This position will also work very closely with the Super User community to ensure that all associates are fully competent in current applications.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Healthcare, business or related field; Clinical degree preferred.
- Education and experience in relevant Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) support and delivery processes. ITIL Certification preferred.
- Financial skills related to budgeting, forecasting and managing multi-million-dollar departmental budgets.
- Minimum 7 years of experience with IT systems and IT management at senior director level in large and diverse business settings. At least 5 years of experience as an executive supporting Epic strongly preferred.
- Experience in management of Epic Ambulatory implementations for a large physician provider group is strongly preferred.
- Experience specific to Epic Ambulatory, Healthy Planet, and Compass Rose.
- Executive must be a self-starter with excellent interpersonal, change management, and communication skills.
- Education and experience in relevant ITIL support and delivery processes.
- Proven ability to develop, participate in, and implement a successful matrix team structure to support large EPIC install minimizing costs, maintaining quality of product, and a focus on resource utilization management using lean methodologies and optimizing staff where relevant.
- Experience in providing and managing customer support in a highly matrixed organization.
- Experience within health care industry.
- Ability to work in a collaborative way across a diverse, geographically and culturally, organization.
- Experience in working through major, continuous organizational change.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Leader with the demonstrated ability to motivate others in the work environment.
- Ability to perform in a rapidly changing and stressful working environment.
- Timely and dependable follow-up on problem resolution.
- A track record of working in a geographically diverse organization.
- A track record of successful large project implementations.
- Demonstrated business savvy to work effectively with other executives to achieve key business and technology goals.
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.