System Director, Advocacy & Public Policy
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Health TX State Legislature Office
1005 Congress Avenue
Austin, TX 78701
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now System Director, Advocacy & Public Policy Job in Austin
The System Director of Advocacy and Public Policy will work within the CHRISTUS Health Advocacy and Public Policy department to develop, direct and analyze issues on behalf of CHRISTUS Health. This position requires knowledge of health care issues and the ability to apply that knowledge to advocate on behalf of CHRISTUS Health. This position serves as the leader of the teams responsible for developing and implementing a strategic and comprehensive effort to advance CHRISTUS Health’s state and federal policy and advocacy priorities while reporting to the Vice President of Advocacy and Public Policy. This position assists in identifying trends in public policy impacting CHRISTUS Health on both state and federal levels. Once such trends are identified, effective and efficient government relations and advocacy efforts are developed and implemented by the incumbent. The System Director of Advocacy and Public Policy will have oversight of state legislative affairs over certain Regions/Markets of CHRISTUS Health to include Texas, Louisiana, New Mexico, and other states as assigned and some related federal advocacy for assigned regions.
This position includes representation of CHRISTUS Health before state legislatures, stakeholder groups, trade associations, and regulatory agencies to ensure the policies are in alignment with system direction. This position requires a management of State Consultants, Regional Advocacy Liaisons, Contract Associates and assigned related Trade Associations to ensure the fulfillment of the strategic plan and CHRISTUS vision. This position requires development of deliverables including session reports, regulatory comments, talking points, testimony, budget and policy forecasting, legislative priorities, and other necessary internal and external reports and communications. This position requires the ability to coalition build with like partners to further the advancement of policy initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. Advanced degree strongly preferred.
- Requires basic knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and statistical analysis.
- Requires knowledge of state political processes, government relations and familiarity with public affairs and/or political campaigns.
- Requires ability to work and build relationships with grass root committees, trade associations, coalitions and third party allies.
- Requires ability to develop campaign or public affairs support materials.
- Must demonstrate expertise in the creation, execution and evaluation of public policy initiatives, media campaigns, political crisis/issue management, key stakeholder management, coalition building and legislative advocacy.
- Requires experience with public opinion, research, tracking and evaluation.
- Requires ability to manage multiple projects and budgets, simultaneously.
- Requires excellent interpersonal, presentation, and communications skills.
- Eight to Ten years’ experience in public affairs, government affairs, lobbying, association issues management or related field.
Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
- Registered Lobbyist in the State of Texas, State of Louisiana, and/or the State of New Mexico or willingness to register.