System Administrator Lead Job in Irving
The System Administrator Lead role is a collaborative role requiring continuous interaction with Multiple internal and external stakeholders related to configuration, testing, implementation and overall stakeholder satisfaction.
- Demonstrates requirements gathering and analysis, solution design, development task management, quality assurance and release management.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of ServiceNow core architecture and especially modules such as Service Catalog, Incident/Change/Problem Management, Asset Management, CMDB, Knowledge Management, Project Portfolio Management, and Self-Service Portal.
- Experience Integrating ServiceNow with third-party tools.
- Effectively analyze and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work directly with internal (IM) and external clients.
- Collaborate effectively to develop solutions and handle general updates and configuration changes/requests.
- Identify system deficiencies and recommend solutions.
- Ensure the latest release of the ServiceNow application is implemented in a timely manner with minimal or no disruption.
- Ensure appropriate tools and processes are in place to have a development/test/production environment that is reliable and reproducible.
- Work closely with the PMO to ensure appropriate project documentation is available for each new initiative or enhancement.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred, or equivalent experience (8 plus + years) recommended.
- Working knowledge of mainframe, midrange, and microcomputer, networking strategies, environments, equipment, development tools and methodologies.
- Working knowledge of mainframe or midrange operating systems such as UNIX, Linux, Windows 2000, Windows 2003, and Novell NetWare.
- Project Management.
- Problem solving skills.
- Patience, strong customer service skills.
- Multi-tasking ability.
- Time Management.
- Detail oriented.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Eight plus years of progressive responsibility in an information system environment with technical experience in one or more of the following areas: system maintenance and support, database administration, operating system configuration, system monitoring, troubleshooting, software implementation and support recommended.
- ·Certified Netware Engineer, Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, Unix/Linux certification, Storage Certification or other industry designations, a plus.
**ServiceNow Admin and Reporting experience required**