Surgical Technologist Certified-Surg General
CHRISTUS Shreveport / Bossier
CHRISTUS Highland Medical Center
1453 E Bert Kouns Industrial Loop
Shreveport, LA 71105
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Surgical Technologist Certified-Surg General Job in Shreveport
Surgical technologists are allied health professionals, who are an integral part of the team of medical practitioners providing surgical care to patients. Surgical technologists work under the supervision of a surgeon and RN to facilitate the safe and effective conduct of invasive surgical procedures, ensuring that the operating room environment is safe, that equipment functions properly, and that the operative procedure is conducted under conditions that maximize patient safety. Surgical technologists possess expertise in the theory and application of sterile and aseptic technique and combine the knowledge of human anatomy, surgical procedures, and implementation tools and technologies to facilitate a physician's performance of invasive therapeutic and diagnostic procedures.
- Previous OR experience required.
- Previous OR experience is required for members of CV team
- Current Louisiana ST Certification required.
- BLS Provider certification required.
- Certification by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) is preferred.