Surgical Technologist Certified-Ambulatory Surgery Center
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa PASC New Braunfels
1738 East Common Street
New Braunfels, TX 78130
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Surgical Technologist Certified-Ambulatory Surgery Center Job in New Braunfels
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System is about people. People we meet and care for; people whose lives we enhance, and those whose lives we save. CHRISTUS is about the people who work here: our award-winning medical staff, dedicated housekeeping staff, compassionate nurses and patient-focused ancillary staff. We're about people who need us, from small bumps to massive trauma, no matter their economic bracket. We're about the people of San Antonio, New Braunfels, and all the South Texas communities we serve. Since 1869, CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System has grown and flourished just as South Texas has grown. We remain the only Catholic faith-based, non-profit health care system in San Antonio and New Braunfels. Our healing ministry now includes five full-service hospitals with 1,159 licensed beds, and a number of specialty centers.
If you are looking to join a rapidly growing faith-based organization that encourages professional development, we want you to become a part of the CHRISTUS Santa Rosa family!
This position is responsible for preparing and passing instruments and equipment for assigned surgical procedures in accordance with hospital and department standards and is responsible for carrying out identified patient care needs delegated by an RN, Physician or Manager/Supervisor. This position fulfills scrub role for patients undergoing complex specialty procedures.
·High school graduate or equivalent is required.
·Completion of surgical technology program is required.
· Entry level to two (2) years’ experience is required.
· Ability to proficiently scrub 3 specialty areas including but not limited to: Transplants, Open Heart, Urology, Neurology, Titanium Rib, Robotics etc. is highly preferred.
· Must have knowledge of aseptic technique and be able to competently practice aseptic technique.
· Must demonstrate competency to monitor and control the surgical environment.
· Have the knowledge and ability to operate various types of sterilizing equipment, surgical power equipment, endoscopic equipment, as well as complex instrument systems.
· Must be able to perform as a team member and work in a collaborative relationship with other staff and physicians.
· Computer skills very helpful.
· Must be able to handle multiple demands in the surgical suite.
· Current CPR certification (American Heart Association) is required.
· Must have completed an accredited surgical technology education program AND hold the certification.
Per Diem As Needed