Apply Now Surgical Technologist Certified Job in San Antonio
Provides direct and indirect services to the surgical patient under the supervision of the professional nurse and performs tasks as necessary for the efficient and effective functioning of the operating room, as well as the delivery of quality of care.
The staffing of the Center is based on a teamwork concept. Employees may be cross-trained in other clinical areas and may be expected to perform duties other than their normal ones as staffing and patient needs change.
- Performs necessary tasks for a scrub role using technical skills
- Assures patient/personal safety by maintaining a safe and therapeutic environment
- Ensures proper instrumentation for each procedure
- Follows all principles of sterile technique
- Participates in all counts ( instrument, sponge sharps ,etc.) as necessary
- Assists with maintenance of supplies and equipment
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Maintains established Center/departmental policies and procedures
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and Center related business
- Develops and maintains an effective working relationship with patients, families, visitors and other Center employees
- Documents concisely, precisely and accurately on all records or documents as indicated by policy.
- Participates in Quality Assessment activities as directed for the continuous improvement of patient care and Center business
- Graduate of an accredited school of surgical technology/ or TX LVN license
- Certified in surgical technology preferred (CST or CORT)
- Minimum 1 year experience