Surgical Technologist Certified
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital Westover Hills
11212 State Highway 151
San Antonio, TX 78251
Share This Job On
Apply Now Surgical Technologist Certified Job in San Antonio
This position is responsible for preparing and passing instruments and equipment for assigned surgical procedures in accordance with hospital and department standards and is responsible for carrying out identified patient care needs delegated by an RN, Physician or Manager/Supervisor. This position fulfills scrub role for patients undergoing complex specialty procedures.
- High school graduate or equivalent is required.
- Completion of surgical technology program is required.
- A minimum of five years experience is required.
- Ability to proficiently scrub 3 specialty areas including but not limited to: Transplants, Open Heart, Urology, Neurology, Titanium Rib, Robotics etc. is required.
- Current CPR certification is required..
- Must have completed an accredited surgical technology education program AND hold the certification.
- Must have completed an appropriate technologist certification training program in the U.S. military or U.S. Public Health Service. OR 4. Surgical Technologist must have been employed to practice in health care facilities prior to 9/1/09.
- Must have knowledge of aseptic technique and be able to competently practice aseptic technique.
- Must demonstrate competency to monitor and control the surgical environment.
- Have the knowledge and ability to operate various types of sterilizing equipment, surgical power equipment, endoscopic equipment, as well as complex instrument systems.
- Must be able to perform as a team member and work in a collaborative relationship with other staff and physicians.
- Computer skills very helpful. 6. Must be able to handle multiple demands in the surgical suite.
- Constant walking, talking, and standing.
- Must be able to assist in lifting and moving patients and pushing and pulling heavy equipment.
- Modern surrounding with air-conditioned temperatures.
- Frequently changing workload.
- Potential for cuts, bruises, muscle strains, exposure to contagious diseases via blood and body fluids. Potential exposure to anesthetic waste gases, harsh disinfectants, sterilizing agents and radiological environment.
- May be asked to work overtime with little or no advance notice.
- May be asked to be available for stand-by/on-call duties.
- Must also successfully complete the pre-employment/post job offer health screening examination, and the annual screening each year thereafter as an employee.
Per Diem As Needed