Surgical Technician, PASC-New Braunfels
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa PASC New Braunfels
1738 East Common Street
New Braunfels, TX 78130
Share This Job On
Apply Now Surgical Technician, PASC-New Braunfels Job in New Braunfels
This position is responsible for preparing and passing instruments and equipment for assigned surgical procedures In accordance with hospital and department standards and is responsible for carrying out identified patient care needs delegated by an RN, Physician or Director/Manager/Supervisor.
• Establishes and maintains the sterile field, passes instruments and suture to the physician, and assists as directed by the physician.
• Use the physician preference card as a beginning point when pulling cases and setting up the OR. • Ensures that preference cards are kept up to date and as complete as possible.
• Works effectively as a member of the team caring for the patient.
• Cooperates in team planning and execution. • Maintains a safe environment by implementing technical and aseptic practices at all times.
• Demonstrates clinical expertise in use and care of all surgical supplies, instruments and equipment.
• Adheres to Universal Barrier Precautions for both patient and own safety in all patient care situations.
• Demonstrates competency to monitor and control the surgical environment. Maintains proper traffic control, dress codes and adherence to OR sanitation policies and procedures.
• Familiar with facility policy and procedure regarding decontamination, processing, and sterilization of all instruments and supplies that are processed within the facility.
• Demonstrates competence to perform assigned patient care responsibilities in a manner that meets the population-specific and developmental needs of patients served by the department.
• Appropriately adapts assigned patient assessment, treatment and/or care methods to accommodate the unique physical, psychosocial, cultural, age-specific and other developmental needs of each patient served.
• Performs other duties as assigned.