Apply Now Surgical Technician Non Certified - Surg General Job in San Marcos
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital – San Marcos, which originated in 1923 as Hays County Soldiers, Sailors and Marines Memorial Hospital, opened at its current Wonder World Drive location in 1983. Our staff of more than 700 Associates works with more than 300 active and consulting physicians to provide quality services to patients and their families. For more than 20 consecutive years, we have been named The Best Hospital in Hays County in the annual “Best of Hays” publication released by the San Marcos Daily Record. In addition to interventional cardiac services, CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital – San Marcos is a Certified Chest Pain Center and an accredited Primary Stroke Center. We lead the region in da Vinci robotic-assisted surgery and offers a variety of specialty care services including medical imaging, rehabilitation, hospice, women’s services and more.
This position is responsible for preparing and passing instruments and equipment for assigned surgical procedures in accordance with hospital and department standards and is responsible for carrying out identified patient care needs delegated by an RN, Physician or Director/Manager/Supervisor. This position fulfills scrub role for patients undergoing complex specialty procedures.
· High school graduate or equivalent is required.
· Two (2) or more years of experience is preferred.
· Ability to proficiently scrub 3 specialty areas including but not limited to: Transplants, Open Heart, Urology, Neurology, Titanium Rib, Robotics etc. is highly preferred.
· Must have knowledge of aseptic technique and be able to competently practice aseptic technique.
· Must demonstrate competency to monitor and control the surgical environment.
· Have the knowledge and ability to operate various types of sterilizing equipment, surgical power equipment, endoscopic equipment, as well as complex instrument systems.
· Must be able to perform as a team member and work in a collaborative relationship with other staff and physicians.
· Computer skills very helpful.
· Must be able to handle multiple demands in the surgical suite.
· Current CPR certification (American Heart Association) is required.
· Certified Surgical Technician preferred.
· Must have completed an appropriate technologist certification training program in the U.S. military or U.S. Public Health Service. OR Surgical Technologist must have been employed to practice in health care facilities prior to 9/1/09.
Per Diem As Needed