5 DAYS - 8 HOURS
Surgical Technician Non Certified - Surg General
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Childrens Hospital of San Antonio
Share This Job On
Apply Now Surgical Technician Non Certified - Surg General Job in San Antonio
The Children’s Hospital of San Antonio, established in 1959, was the first children’s hospital in South-Central Texas. Located downtown, this 190-plus-bed hospital serves more than 70,000 children annually from San Antonio, South Texas and around the world. The hospital (in partnership with Baylor College of Medicine) is the only academic children’s hospital in San Antonio. Our highly specialized services meet the unique medical needs of children, from Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care to Children’s Emergency Services, the latest treatments for deformities of the spine including titanium rib implants and halo traction, a Heart Center, a specialized asthma program, a highly regarded Cancer and Blood Disorders Center, and growing maternal services to include consultation, delivery, and maternal fetal medicine.
This position is responsible for preparing and passing instruments and equipment for assigned surgical procedures in accordance with hospital and department standards and is responsible for carrying out identified patient care needs delegated by an RN, Physician or Director/Manager/Supervisor. This position fulfills scrub role for patients undergoing complex specialty procedures.
· High school graduate or equivalent is required.
· Two (2) or more years of experience is preferred.
· Ability to proficiently scrub 3 specialty areas including but not limited to: Transplants, Open Heart, Urology, Neurology, Titanium Rib, Robotics etc. is highly preferred.
· Must have knowledge of aseptic technique and be able to competently practice aseptic technique.
· Must demonstrate competency to monitor and control the surgical environment.
· Have the knowledge and ability to operate various types of sterilizing equipment, surgical power equipment, endoscopic equipment, as well as complex instrument systems.
· Must be able to perform as a team member and work in a collaborative relationship with other staff and physicians.
· Computer skills very helpful.
· Must be able to handle multiple demands in the surgical suite.
· Current CPR certification (American Heart Association) is required.
· Certified Surgical Technician preferred.
· Must have completed an appropriate technologist certification training program in the U.S. military or U.S. Public Health Service. OR Surgical Technologist must have been employed to practice in health care facilities prior to 9/1/09.