5 DAYS - 8 HOURS
Surgical Tech non-cert. - Jacksonville
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances
CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital Jacksonville
2026 South Jackson
Jacksonville, TX 75766
USView On A Map View Other Locations
Share This Job On
Surgical Tech non-cert. - Jacksonville Job in Jacksonville
Performs a variety of technical duties to assist in preparing and caring for pre-operative patients. Prepares patient skin for surgery in accordance with hospital standards. Maintains aseptic techniques; actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique. Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients by demonstrating sensitivity to patient's care and privacy. Transports patients to and from Operating Room suite. Positions patients according to type of surgery. Identifies and cares for biological specimens. Prepares the Operating Room by setting up tables, instruments and supplies according to type of case.
- Current Certification in Surgical Technology or is eligible to obtain certification; or has military Surg. Tech training BCLS Certification - preferred
- Graduate from accredited school of Surgical Technology with Associate Degree in healthcare-related field or military Surg. Tech. training - preferred
- Military Surg. Tech training,>5 yrs experience, or 2 years of specialty scrub experience, or demonstrates ability to independently perform in complex procedures without assistance as confirmed by assessment checklist.
- Skills Competency Assessment upon hire
- Basic computer knowledge
- Proficiency on departmental equipment.
10K/2 Yr. Sign-on Bonus! - To be implemented upon successful completion of Surgical Technology Program and Certification