Apply Now Surgical First Assistant - Surgical Services Job in Corpus Christi
A surgical assistant functions in the role of a second physician, at the operating table. Ideally this individual should be another qualified surgeon or surgical resident. Non-licensed physicians or non-physicians with additional formal training and national certification as a surgical assistant are also acceptable, as deemed appropriate by the primary responsible surgeon, for the type and complexity of the surgical procedure.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline overlooking Corpus Christi Bay is the largest and foremost acute care medical facility in the region, with a full range of diagnostic and surgical specialty services in cardiac, cancer and stroke care. It is the leading emergency facility in the area and the only Level II Trauma Center in the Coastal Bend, staffed with physicians and nurses specially trained in emergency services.
- The Pavilion and the Critical Care Center house a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab and surgical suites.
- A teaching facility, in affiliation with the Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Accredited Joint Commission Stroke Team
The Shoreline campus is a premiere facility housing many of the region’s most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. The Pavilion at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline houses the CHRISTUS Spohn Heart Network, which was recently recognized as one of the top 100 cardiovascular hospitals in the United States. The Heart Institute offers the most advanced diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative cardiac services in one convenient location.
- Completion of an accredited Surgical First Assistant Program/Certification through the Liaison Council on Certification for the Surgical Technologist - National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting, American Board of Surgical Assistants or (CSA) through Texas Medical Board, National Surgical Assistant Association, or American Board of Surgical Assistants.
- Two-five years experience in the operating room preferred. Proficient in preoperative practice as both scrub and assistant with diversified operating room experience
- Current First Assistant Certification
- CPR-(American Heart Association)