Apply Now Surgical First Assist- Urology- Full time Job in Tyler
The surgical first assistant assists surgeon, under his/her supervision, during the procedure with retraction, skin suturing, tying, hemostasis and other first assistant skills according to AORN standards and practices. Responsible for handling instruments, supplies, and equipment necessary during the surgical procedure. Participates in providing quality care by supporting quality improvement initiatives.Has an understanding of the procedure being performed and anticipates the needs of the surgeon. Has the necessary knowledge and ability to ensure quality patient care during the operative procedure and is on constant watch for maintenance of the sterile field.
- Graduation from accredited Surgical First Assist Program
- Minimum two years of surgical experience
- BLS AHA Healthcare Provider Certification required.
- ACLS certification preferred.
- Certified Surgical Technologist/First Assistant through the Liaison Council on Certification for the Surgical Technologist - National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting, American Board of Surgical Assistants or CSA through Texas Medical Board, National Surgical Assistant Association, and American Board of Surgical Assistants within 6 months of hire/transfer date.
- CPR (American Heart Association)