Supply Chain Program Director Clinical Service Line - Cardiology
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Supply Chain Program Director Clinical Service Line - Cardiology Job in Irving
This position reports to the System Director, Clinical Support and Resource Utilization. The Service Line Director, Cardiology will be responsible for providing management, and development of the Cardiology clinical utilization program and service line while providing support for the implementation of Cardiology projects identified by the internal Supply Chain team, Clinical leadership or the GPO. This position will be responsible for the coordination, and management of clinical projects as well as representing the service line expertise to all CHRISTUS Health facilities and staff including C-Suite and physicians. To be an effective part of the team; must be a self-sufficient person who can interpret facility needs, be able to effectively manage projects from beginning to end, translate objectives, execute outcomes and present project deliverables to both line staff and executive staff
- Follows the CHRISTUS Health guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI)
- Consistently supports CHRISTUS Health’s Spirit of Serving Standards, in line with the Mission, Vision, and values of CHRISTUS Health.
- Serves as the subject matter expert to all CHRISTUS Health facility department directors, C-Suite and physicians.
- Assists in implementing CHRISTUS Health Resource Utilization Clinical Standards of Business practices, market standardization, consumption minimization management system wide while supporting the Supply Chain Vision and Mission.
- Establish, track and monitor the service line’s annual performance objectives – both qualitative and quantitative – and report these on a regular basis (minimum quarterly) to the Team and System Director.
- Develops, maintains and updates the service line projects on annual project/work plan.
- Provides leadership and serves as clinical expert to the resource groups and all CHRISTUS Health facilities for the service line.
- Serves as the clinical expert for the service line to the contracting team.
- Identifies opportunities for custom contracts to fill gaps and increase contract coverage for the CHRISTUS Health System.
- Assess and quantify clinical utilization opportunities available to CHRISTUS Health.
- Presents project rationale, timeline and opportunity impact for approval and updates annual work plan.
- Manages, tracks and regularly reports on status of service line projects.
- Identifies opportunities within service line that assist system in lowering not only cost of supplies but also utilization of supplies and process improvement.
- Serves as the subject matter expert in the assigned service line and is able to develop tools to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of the process.
- Collaborates with the other team members to develop overall clinical utilization strategies and effective implementation plans.
- Sets and achieves savings targets for service line working with GPO (Group Purchasing Organization) and clinical groups.
- Interfaces with various levels of management and requires external contacts with important end users, hospital executives, internal customers and suppliers to develop solutions.
- Uses research, data analysis and modelling to gain support for project implementation and development of project plan.
- Uses evidence based practice to support system and facilities with value analysis committees.
- 4-year college degree required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 5-7 years related experience in healthcare required. Experience in Cardiology and/or Cath lab service line preferred.
- Supply chain experience preferred.
- Highly proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite, including MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, and MS Outlook.
- Influential communicator, speaker, and listener.
- Analytical and quantitative thinker.
- Business planning skills to include cost impact analysis.
- Enjoys teaching, coaching, and mentoring.
- Strong working knowledge of healthcare cost accounting, finance, reimbursement, clinical services, and ancillary and related support services.
- Highly proficient traveler with ability to be away from home up to 80%.
- Ability to operate in a complex, dynamic environment.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form.
- Ability to work occasional long or irregular hours including nights and weekends.
- Meeting deadlines in high pressure environment.
- Requires a high degree of professional knowledge in (service line) products and processes.
- Requires a high degree of Value Analysis Team processes and experience in leading such Teams.
- Leadership Experience preferred.
Active licensure as an RN within the United States preferred