Supply Chain Master Data Specialist
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Supply Chain Master Data Specialist Job in Irving
Under the general supervision of the Supply Chain Data Governance Manager, and according to policies and procedures, the Supply Chain Master Data Specialist I will perform maintenance of the Informatics Master Data Supply Chain Domains. This position is responsible for data accuracy within the Infor/Lawson and Meditech Item Masters for both Standards and individual HCIS’. Maintains awareness of contracts and pricing agreements via routine interaction with Supply Chain Contracting, Procurement Services as well as utilization of the GPO contracting tool. Process Request Forms submitted via Service Now following established process flow, ensuring items maintained will be consistent with Supply Chain Dictionary guidelines and sound Master Data Management methodologies.
- Follow the CHRISTUS Guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Promote a culture of safety for patients and Associates through proper identification, reporting, documentation and prevention of medical errors in a non-punitive environment.
- Process Service Now tickets. Ensure requests are processed in a timely and accurate manner according to established Severity Protocol.
- Analyze submitted add/change templates to ensure the integrity of the item master will not be compromised by completion of the request. Analysis to include non-allowance of duplicate items, the usage of standardized nomenclature via the use of item naming guidelines, contractual compliance, appropriate usage of EOC and Category codes, and the inclusion of Procedure codes where appropriate.
- Identify and document non-contract item add requests thru established processes.
- Working knowledge of both clinical and financial environment as related to Healthcare.
- Routine interaction with the GPO portal and other contract tools at the system’s disposal.
- Maintain working knowledge of the contracts to which CHRISTUS is committed.
- Maintain regular contact with Procurement Services staff via attendance in regularly scheduled department and contract education meetings.
- Review of pre-launch GPO Contract Launch Packages. Ensuring contract pricing is reflected in Meditech; conversion related items have been assigned a Meditech Item Number prior to communicating out to the facilities, ensuring ease of conversion.
- Contract loads into the Infor and Meditech Contract Database, ensuring a high level of accuracy.
- Assist in Maintaining Data Integrity.
- Assist in enhancing Data Elements.
- Assist in keeping Lawson in sync.
- Assist in testing of IDD interface with Infor and Meditech.
- Assist in process Supplier Future price files.
- Other duties as assigned by the Supply Chain Master Data Operations Manager.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Excellent Computer skills: Ability to receive minimal direction and become quickly proficient in use of data mining and analysis.
- Skilled use of Microsoft tools, including Excel, Access, Word and Outlook.
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to follow a work plan and data cleansing procedures in a fast paced, team environment. Requires exceptional time management skills.
- Two years of successful hands on experience with one or more of the following:
- Functional experience exercising Master Data Management (MDM) methodology and techniques.
- Database management and report development skills used to customize existing tool functionality for ongoing project needs.
- Experience with Infor/Lawson preferred.
- Healthcare service delivery and/or or supply chain and inventory management experience; minimally a frame of reference for supply items common to a hospital / skilled nursing facility environment whether from Material Management (MM), Central Supply (CS), clinical or a reimbursement perspective.
- Clinical or MM / CS operations experience and detailed knowledge of supply items, attribute variances, uses, common packaging, hazardous material status identification, common naming conventions or hands on experience in either a MM, CS, inventory, procurement/management, or controls environment.
- Data analysis skills: supply item research, including: website data screening, telephonic vendor interviews, electronic file or vendor / manufacturer product catalog screening and supply data matching / analysis and item attribute prioritization. Ability to consistently apply item naming conventions and abbreviations utilizing item-cleansing guidelines as defined by CHRISTUS team leads.
- Supply related experience within a healthcare environment.
- Knowledge of Purchasing, Accounts Payable and Customer Service procedures as normally acquired through Materials Management experience.