8AM - 5PM
Supply Chain Analyst II
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
Share This Job On
Apply Now Supply Chain Analyst II Job in Irving
Under the supervision of the Director, Financial Reporting, the Supply Chain Financial Analyst provides cross functional support in identifying, tracking and measuring system initiatives for high physician preference product categories. This position will provide costing and financial analysis to Supply Chain and Finance Teams in addressing the objectives of CHRISTUS Health and will be focused on strategic sourcing as it relates to both expenses and clinical optimization. The Supply Chain Financial Analyst function is comprised of a variety of analytical reporting services and special project assignments directly supporting the corporate and regional leadership teams. This function includes, but is not limited to, timely and accurate reporting of key metrics and outcomes, financial analysis, contract analysis, budget planning, expense monitoring, operational improvement planning, project management, and physician preference product research. Functional requirements will also necessitate development and ongoing familiarity with physician preference product cost dynamics within various healthcare settings and strong working knowledge of system operations.
- Download specific monthly data from a variety of outside systems, regularly prepare supplier/product usage and market share reports and analyze physician preference product spend for a large multi-facility hospital system.
- Systematically collect information and track performance against an established set of standards, or key performance indicators, in order to achieve continuous improvement.
- Optimize integration and reporting structures around internal database tools, and develop meaningful analysis of physician preference product utilization on outcome data.
- Transform data and analysis into a meaningful presentation format.
- Perform comparative assessment and financial impact analysis of competing suppliers’ proposals and contracts in like-to-like and conversion scenarios.
- Collaborate with the GPO to increase efficiencies with spend analysis.
- Participate in developing a comprehensive cross reference for major physician preference categories.
- Work with the Service Line Directors to identify savings and standardization opportunities.
- Develop understanding of all physician preference agreements, including outsourcing fees, administrative fees, savings incentive plans and payment mechanisms, and other revenue streams.
- Assist in developing annual operations plan and estimating new product costs; including economic analysis.
- Ensure data interfaces and data loads run successfully and are validated for reporting.
- Perform operational cost-benefit analyses, and recommend process improvements and unit changes to reduce costs and improve efficiency.
- Conduct extensive research to determine optimum type and quantity of goods needed, marketplace pricing and service benchmarks, cost-benefit analysis and summarize findings. Research is conducted through paid subscription tools, database, internet, statistical documents, and other formats.
- Actively participate on various committees and provide staff support as necessary.
- Contribute to system design and integration recommendations for improvement.
- Develop knowledge and skill with other business systems to ensure coordination and assist with backup responsibilities as needed.
- Develop understanding and proficiency in basic contract management.
- Complete special projects as requested by manager.
- BS/BA in Accounting/Finance or other related field or related or Equivalent years of 5-10 years’ experience
- 3-5 years’ experience analyzing healthcare physician preference physician categories such as cardiology or orthopedics
- Proficient in financial accounting a plus
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint, required
- Proficiency in MicroStrategy, preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Effective problem solving and detailed reporting skills
- Knowledge of accounting and finance principles
- Ability to work independently and as a team player in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong attention to detail with proven ability to perform with a high degree of accuracy