Supervisor Wellness, Registered Nurse - St Joseph Village
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS St Joseph Village
Share This Job On
Supervisor Wellness, Registered Nurse - St Joseph Village Job in Coppell
The Wellness Supervisor, Registered Nurse, is a healthcare professional with responsibility and accountability for Assisted Living Residents and Associates at CHRISTUS St. Joseph Village.
- Meets expectations of the applicable OneCHRISTUS Competencies: Leader of Self, Leader of Others, or Leader of Leaders.
- Demonstrates respect and appreciation of the CHRISTUS Health heritage, mission, core values, including dignity and respect for seniors, their families, and the aging process.
- Conducts timely and comprehensive evaluations and assessments of potential new CHRISTUS St. Joseph Village residents.
- Works closely with new residents and families to coordinate move-ins and move-outs.
- Conducts orientations with new residents and families to ensure the resident satisfactory integration into the community.
- Develops resident Care Plans in keeping with State regulations within 14 days of admission.
- Closely monitor and maintain records substantiating residents physical and mental condition. Report any significant changes to resident s personal physician and/or family members.
- Update resident Care Plans when a noticeable change in the resident dictates the need to do so and/or annually, as required by State regulations.
- Continuously monitor resident Care Plans, ensuring quality of service and directing changes as needed.
- Responsible for re-evaluating residents who have gone out of the community for two (2) weeks of more and returned, to ensure their needs will continue to be met.
- Closely monitor Medication Techs to ensure that medication management continues to be consistent with physician orders.
- Report and ensure implementation of any instructions or changes received from resident s personal physician.
- Provide ongoing medication training to both new and current staff on proper medication supervision guidelines. Ensure that both Resident Associates and
- Medication Techs are consistently following departmental medication protocols.
- Work closely with Medication Techs to ensure monthly self-medication evaluations are conducted, identifying any issues that may exist.
- Complete monthly medication error reports, revising Medication Activity Records (MAR) prior to making them available to staff with responsibility for medication supervision.
- Responsibility in attaining and/or maintaining compliance with applicable local, state, federal, and/or accrediting body standards.
- Ensure facility is at all times prepared for inspection by regulatory agencies via regular internal audits, review and update of facility policies and procedures, review of medical records documentation, assessment of environmental standards, etc.
- Maintain resident data sheets to ensure all information is current, to include proper identification of personal physician and family members, and their contact information.
- Maintain record of all residents who utilize outside resources, such as home health, oxygen, sitters, etc., and ensure this information is always readily available to staff in the event of an emergency.
- Maintain Vial of Life records, ensuring all information is current and readily available to staff in the event of an emergency.
- Ensure residents with a chosen Do Not Resuscitate (DNR) have completed the appropriate Out of the Hospital DNR.
- Establishes and maintains productive working relationships, as well as open and effective communication with residents, their families, co-workers, direct reports, referral sources, and community contacts.
- Participates in family conferences, as necessary, to ensure issues identified by staff, residents, or family members are resolved in a timely manner.
- Encourages and facilitates family involvement with residents.
- Provides and ensures all staff are current on TB testing.
- Willingness to receive phone calls outside scheduled work hours regarding resident care, medical problems, staffing issues, etc.
- Promote CHRISTUS St. Joseph Village in a positive way at all times.
- Must have extensive knowledge of the importance of continually educating staff and community.
- Must be well-integrated personality with an understanding and appreciation of good physical and mental health.
- Must have working knowledge of nursing processes, pharmacology, and medical procedures potentially encountered in the environment. Effectively and efficiently carry out other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Graduate from a State Accredited Licensed Registered Nursing Program.
- Minimum two (2) years of prior Registered Nurse (RN) experience required.
- Experience working with seniors in an Assisted Living setting preferred
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) License to practice in the State of Texas required.
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.