5 DAYS - 8 HOURS
CHRISTUS Southeast Texas
CHRISTUS Southeast Texas Hospital Orange
6901 Medical Center Drive
Orange, TX 77631
USView On A Map View Other Locations
Share This Job On
Supervisor Security Job in Orange
Uniformed position provides supervisory assistance to the Armed Manager of Security in regarding Safety and Security. Responsibilities include organizational planning, staffing, budgeting, audits, surveys, in-depth investigations, policy development and implementation. Performs as a working supervisor, carrying out duties of an armed Security Officer while supervising other Security Officers.
- Supervises Security related activities to maintain a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors, and associates of all facilities, properties, equipment, and other assets of CHRISTUS Health.
- Maintains consistency with Administrative and Departmental policies with appropriate behavior, dress, attitude, attendance, confidentiality, professionalism, and reliability.
- Schedules, monitors, evaluates, counsels, and motivates Security associates.
- Directs Security associates towards teamwork and productivity in order to achieve departmental, hospital goals, and objectives.
- Develops, supports, and assures compliance with Administrative and Corporate policies, procedures and guidelines, as well as those of other governmental and accreditation organizations.
- Maintains personal growth and development, keeps abreast of new services, policies, procedures, and other matters to ensure efficient Security operations.
- Assists the Armed Security Manager with departmental scheduling, policy development, implementation, and daily operations of the Security Department.
- Assists with Associate evaluations and certification of applicants.
- Performs as training officer during orientation and training of new security officers.
- Serves as Security team lead regarding regulatory compliance requirements.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree preferred, high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Basic computer and report writing skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written.
- Successful completion of IAHSS Security Officer Course and IAHSS Security Supervisors Course required.
- Must possess a motor vehicle license.
- Minimum five (5) years of supervisory experience in security or law enforcement.
- Law enforcement experience preferred.
- Previous healthcare security experience preferred.
- For positions in the state of Texas, an active level three security officer commission with the Texas Department of Public Safety Private Security Bureau (TDPSPSB) is required.
- Requires and active level three security officer commission with the New Mexico Private Investigations Advisory Board.
- New hires in Texas who have completed the security commission course (TDPSPSB) must obtain their security commission prior to date of hire and 1) the officer’s commission pocket card is active 2) the officer’s commission pocket card is in the possession of the security officer 3) the CHRISTUS Vice President of Security has issued a notarized letter of authorization to carry a weapon on duty to the officer.
- New hires in New Mexico who have completed the New Mexico Private Investigations Advisory Board level three training requirements must obtain their security commission prior to date of hire and 1) the officer’s commission pocket card is active 2) the officer’s commission pocket card is in the possession of the security officer 3) the CHRISTUS Vice President of Security has issued a notarized letter of authorization to carry a weapon on duty to the officer.
- New hires in Louisiana may not wear their weapon on duty until they have completed 40 hours of training and the CHRISTUS Vice President of Security has issued a notarized letter of authorization to carry a weapon on duty to the officer.
- Verbal De-escalation training must be completed within 60 days of hire.
- Expandable Baton training, defensive tactics training, firearms training, weapon qualification, and firearms retention training must be completed prior to letter of authorization to carry is issued.
- IAHSS Basic Security Certification must be completed within one year of appointment
- IAHSS Supervisors Certification completed within one year of appointment.
- Successful completion of all pre-employment and post offer assessments to include the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory -2 (MMPI-2-RF-PCIR); the California Psychological Inventory (CPI); the Police and Public Safety Selection Report (PPSSR); the Personal Experience Inventory (PEI) and a clinical interview by a third personal psychologist.
- Will be required to take random drug test screening.
- Must maintain a Valid State Drivers’ license
- The following FEMA Emergency Management Institute Courses must be completed (online or in seat):
- IS – 100.c
- IS – 200.b
- IS – 230.d
- IS – 700.b
- IS – 200.HCA
Current Associate? Click here to applyNot ready to apply? Join our Talent Pool