Supervisor, Patient Access - Admitting
CHRISTUS St Michael
CHRISTUS St Michael Health Sys-15100
2600 St. Michael Dr
Texarkana, TX 75503
Share This Job On
Apply Now Supervisor, Patient Access - Admitting Job in Texarkana
Supervises the inpatient/outpatient admissions functions in accordance with established policy. Supervises bed assignments and the completion of preliminary paperwork for patients entering the hospital. Verifies all insurance benefits assigned to the hospital to determine if insurance coverage meets the standards of admission per hospital policy. Coordinates with medical, nursing and accounting staff to ensure appropriate placement of patients and compliance with third party payers and other regulations. Reviews Admitting Department operations to ensure compliance with all applicable standards.Apply Now Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Pool
- Associate degree or equivalent training and/or business experience preferred.
- Computer knowledge related to hospital mainframe systems, as well as business applications software (i.e. Microsoft Office), with proficiency in compiling, analyzing, and presenting reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Three to five years work experience in Admitting or in a supervisory capacity in a medical setting strong preferred
- Must be flexible and willing to take call to help with patient volumes and staffing needs