Supervisor HIM Coding
CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic
1001 E. S.E. Loop 323
Tyler, TX 75701
* Degree in medical record science or medical record administration preferred or equivalent hospital leadership experience required.
* Must have extensive knowledge of health information management functions including
* Outpatient Hospital guidelines
* Charge master coding and compliance
Certification in medical coding required
* Must possess a general working knowledge in internal integrity requirements and procedures.
* Knowledge of governmental, federal, state and local regulations related to billing rules and compliance.
* Knowledge of healthcare industry financial statistical indicators.
* Must be detail oriented and possess strong analytical skills.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
* Must have practical knowledge of common office software applications including Power Point, Excel, Word, etc.
* Minimum of 4 years inpatient and outpatient direct coding experience preferred.
* Previous project management experience preferred
* Experience as a coding auditor/reviewer.
* Familiar with billing/charging rules.
* Experience with associate education.
* Experience with Joint Commission standardsDegree
* RHIA, RHIT, CCS and/or CPC