Supervisor Clinical Documentation Integrity Job in Irving
The supervisor will have overall responsibility for daily planning, work scheduling, and day-to-day operations of the CDI program. The Supervisor Clinical Document Integrity (CDI) will be accountable for a specific division of the organization, reporting directly to the CDI Director. Facilitates modifications to clinical documentation through concurrent interaction with physicians and other healthcare team members. Gathers and analyzes information regarding pertinent trends in CDS staff performance. The supervisor is also responsible for providing clinically based concurrent and retrospective reviews of inpatient medical records to evaluate the documentation of acute care services. Mentors staff regarding their work practices and relationships with providers, coders, and other healthcare team members. Communicate with CDI leadership at the system level to ensure performance and training are updated and disseminated appropriately. Extracts and analyzes data utilizing multiple systems and/or platforms to identify opportunities and areas of improvement. Stay current with AHA Official Coding and Reporting Guidelines, CMS, and other agency directives for ICD-10-CM and ICD-10. Performs other duties as assigned/required
- Meets expectations of the applicable OneCHRISTUS Competencies: Leader of Self, Leader of Others, or Leader of Leaders.
- Strong clinical knowledge, understanding, and experience with pathology/physiology of disease processes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build excellent relationships with physicians, nurses, and staff, and the ability to educate them.
- Must work independently and manage goal productivity; must be efficient and accurate in performance.
- Working knowledge of MS-DRG and APR-DRG is highly preferred.
- Must be familiar with the other functions in Medical Records and how they relate to the Coding function.
- Attends mandatory coding seminars on an annual basis (IPPS and OPPS, ICD-9-CM, and CPT updates) for inpatients.
- Manages the department's time/attendance, schedules, and daily workflow, adjusting as needed.
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing; BSN or bachelor’s degree in a health-related field required.
- Graduation from a Foreign or Medical school; MD or DO preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in population to be served is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of prior supervisory/management experience is required.
- Five years of previous acute hospital inpatient CDI experience is highly preferred.
- Working knowledge and understanding of ICD-10 and ICD-10 coding and DRG principles and understanding of APR DRG reimbursement principles required.
- RN license in the state of employment required.
- M.D. or D.O.; ECFMG certification (Foreign Medical Graduates) preferred.
- Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist (CCDS) or CDIP is highly preferred.
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.