5 DAYS - 8 HOURS
Sterile Processing Technician Senior - Supply Sterile Processing
CHRISTUS Childrens Hospital
Share This Job On
Sterile Processing Technician Senior - Supply Sterile Processing Job in San Antonio
Responsible for doing all of the following in a timely and appropriate time frame suggested: decontaminating all instrumentation, assembling all instrument sets, Sterilizing all items in the proper method of sterilization, clean equipment for the departments/units, and stock supplies for SPD department.
The CHRISTUS Children’s Hospital, established in 1959, was the first children’s hospital in South-Central Texas. Located downtown, this 190-plus-bed hospital serves more than 70,000 children annually from San Antonio, South Texas and around the world. The hospital (in partnership with Baylor College of Medicine) is the only academic children’s hospital in San Antonio. Our highly specialized services meet the unique medical needs of children, from Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care to Children’s Emergency Services, the latest treatments for deformities of the spine including titanium rib implants and halo traction, a Heart Center, a specialized asthma program, a highly regarded Cancer and Blood Disorders Center, and growing maternal services to include consultation, delivery, and maternal fetal medicine.
- Must attend 80% of the department meeting offered each year.
- Ability to lift\carry heavy items repetitively.
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to perform task and duties with minimal to no error
- Basic Computer Knowledge Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- One to two years of Central Service Sterile Processing experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- IAHCSMM, CBSPDP, or other nationally recognized certification REQUIRED within 2 years of employment or will be removed from position
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.