3PM - 11PM
Sterile Processing Technician Lead-Supply Sterile Proc-Full Time
CHRISTUS Central Louisiana/St. Frances Cabrini
CHRISTUS St Frances Cabrini Hospital
Share This Job On
Sterile Processing Technician Lead-Supply Sterile Proc-Full Time Job in Alexandria
This position is responsible for the administration of sterile processing including: quality of decontamination, cleaning, sterilization of surgical instruments, reprocessable equipment, equipment, Endo-scopes and supplies for the Perioperative Dept. Position also responsible for the functional coordination of the dept. within and with outside other depts./resources.
- Plans, organizes, directs and controls the day-to-day work within the Sterile Processing Dept.; participates with Charge Nurse and Clinical Manager in making departmental decisions, budgeting, and safety.
- Assist in interviewing process of new Sterile Processing Technicians
- Provides orientation for new Associates and ongoing support for continuing education and support.
- Monitors compliance with sterilization procedures and guidelines for the dept., as outlined within AMI and as outlined by Ambulatory Surgery Center Policy.
- Develops department procedures in accordance with organizational standards to insure the delivery of quality patient care.
- Supervise adherence to sterilization protocols as provided in AMI Guidelines.
- Demonstrates the ability to process instruments per manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Facilitates the coordination of Sterile Processing services with other departments, pursues innovative opportunities for improving services and reducing costs, meets with users to encourage standardization in order to obtain better pricing agreements with vendors.
- Maximize quantity and quality of products, equipment and services for funds expended.
- Demonstrates competence to perform assigned responsibilities in a manner that meets the population-specific and developmental needs of the members served by the dept.
- Works with the Charge Nurse in scheduling/assigning staff.
- Appropriately adapts assigned assessment, treatment, and/or service methods to accommodate the unique physical, psychosocial, cultural, age-specific and other developmental needs of each member served.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 2-4 years of experience in Central Supply or Sterile Processing preferred.
- One of the following is required: IAHCSMM Certified Endoscope Reprocessor (CER) or Certified Registered Central Sterile Tech (CRCST) required.
3PM - 11PM
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.