Sterile Processing Tech - Supply Sterile Proc Job in San Marcos
This position is responsible for decontamination, cleaning, processing, assembling, sterilizing, storage and distribution of reusable medical devices and supplies used in patient care. Position is also responsible for the assembly and dispatch of surgical case carts.
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital – San Marcos, which originated in 1923 as Hays County Soldiers, Sailors and Marines Memorial Hospital, opened at its current Wonder World Drive location in 1983. Our staff of more than 700 Associates works with more than 300 active and consulting physicians to provide quality services to patients and their families. For more than 20 consecutive years, we have been named The Best Hospital in Hays County in the annual “Best of Hays” publication released by the San Marcos Daily Record. In addition to interventional cardiac services, CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital – San Marcos is a Certified Chest Pain Center and an accredited Primary Stroke Center. We lead the region in da Vinci robotic-assisted surgery and offers a variety of specialty care services including medical imaging, rehabilitation, hospice, women’s services and more.
- One (1) year of practical application experience gained on the job in all facets of sterile processing considered.
- Previous experience in a hospital Central Sterile department is preferred.
- Requires ability to communicate effectively with others; ability to exercise some judgment in work environment, prioritization is a must.
- Must be able to read and understand manufacturer literature and supply/instrument specifications. 3. Good hand and eye coordination is required.
- Must be able to react and perform under stress and in emergent situations.
- Ability to organize and prioritize to ensure daily workload is carried out.
- Knowledge of instruments and supplies used for surgical procedures.
- Knowledge of the care, cleaning and sterilization of surgical instruments, scopes and power equipment.
- Knowledge of Infection Control Guidelines regarding the decontamination of surgical instruments.
- Works in a well-ventilated, air-conditioned, clean and modern laboratory setting.
- May be subjected to odors from chemicals and specimens and will be exposed to an environment of possible infectious materials.
- Intermittently sits, walks, stands throughout the day with some reaching and stooping.
- May carry or move light equipment or materials.
- Must also successfully complete the pre-employment/post job offer health screening examination, and the annual screening each year thereafter as an employee.